Recent content by shewythemuss

1. shewythemuss

Top end bag set up

Hi guys, long time no post, but been abroad working for a while so very little golf played. I'm looking for suggestions for the top end of my bag between my 5 iron which is 23 degrees and my 3 wood. Currently I have a 20 degree ping G15 and cobra utility iron which both go he same distance. Do I...
  2. shewythemuss

KBS Shaft help

I play KBS tour 90 shafts in my irons, now I'm not sure how stiff the tip has been trimmed to, they are regular flex and straight from Callaway. I'm going to reshaft some SLDR 4/5 hybrids either with this shaft or the KBS hybrid shaft. Both profiles look similar to me, would you reshaft with the...
  3. shewythemuss

2 different types of 3 woods

Hey guys first post in a while, just a quick question. I've got two 3 woods an x2 hot pro 3 deep great for off the tee and a bombtech 3 wood which is shallow and great off the deck. I was wondering if anyone else carries 2 clubs of the same loft (ish) for different shots. Considering taking an...
  4. shewythemuss

WTB RBZ HP 5 iron

I'm after a Taylormade Rocketballz High polish 5 iron in regular flex, just can't get them in the UK, never liked the 4 & 5 in the original RBZ range but love the rest. I know you can get them on ironfinder but think it's a bit expensive for the 1 club and tbh postage is a bit steep. Hope you...
  5. shewythemuss

Strong lofts and bag set up confusion

I'm struggling a bit with my bag set up, with the RBZ irons the 5 iron is 23 degrees, I knock it around 165 yards, I could not get on with the 4 iron so I dropped it in favour of a R11 4h set at 20 degrees which is good for around 180, I have then a 5 wood and 3 wood and this is where the...
  6. shewythemuss

Which Irod for my hybrid?

Looking to fit a cheapish shaft to my burner 09 5 hybrid, purely an experiment. Which irod would I need for this the Hybrid or iron transition? The hybrid says 3/4 irons and the iron transition 5-pw, but this is inbetween as it's a 25 degree hybrid.
  7. shewythemuss

Ping AWT replacement

Looking to put a new shaft in my 52* wedge, I play regular flex AWT shafts in my Pings, what if any KBS or TT shaft would be a close match to that.
  8. shewythemuss

Loft bending on a hybrid

Is it possible to alter the loft on a hybrid by 1 or 2 degrees? Only I'm thinking of going down the 16/20/24 route to blend into my iron set and my rescue mid comeS in 19/22/25 so would require bent to 20 and 24, I have the 16 already and love it, it switches in and out with my 3 wood but is...
  9. shewythemuss

WTB 2.0 Superfast tp 9.5/10/5 reg flex

I'm after a Taylormade superfast 2.0 tp driver either 9.5 or 10.5 in regular flex,anyone got one and willing to ship to the uk? Or are there any online shops in the US which have good prices (i don't know the legit ones in the USA) Cheers STM
  10. shewythemuss

Reshafting a hybrid with a graphite instead of steel

Any problem with reshafting a rescue dual with a S300 shaft with a Aldila VS Proto shaft? Both hosels are 0.370" and as far as I can tell heads are identical in both steel and graphite versions. The graphite plays 1" longer. Already got it in my sig lol!
  11. shewythemuss

WTB: Cleveland Niblick 49 old model

I'm after a Niblick 49 the old model, willing to pay by paypal,would require shipping to the uk.Anyone got one going spare?
  12. shewythemuss

Bobby jones driver hosel size

Just about to pull the trigger on Bobby Jones player series driver head as I can pick one up new for $20,does anyone know what size shaft tip it takes?
  13. shewythemuss

3 wood recommendations

I'm looking for a 3 wood which is good off the deck and off the tee,ideally shallow faced,can be an older model.Going to play it against my 15 degree hybrid to see which is the better club. Recommendations please. Cheers STM
  14. shewythemuss

Switching from right to left handed,how long

As a leftie,I do everything left handed but I play golf right handed,My bad shot is the block to the right or snap hook all caused by my hips not rotating through the shot.This is not a natural movement for me,the other way round is fine as its like skimming a stone and I skim left handed. So my...
  15. shewythemuss

Wedge recommendations and set up

I'm in the market for some new wedges,I currently game the Ping Eye 2 wedges 51 and 58 with a Cleveland Niblick 56 in a supporting role. My current Ping Rapture V2 PW is 45 degrees. So do I go 52/58 or 50/54/58 (not interested in a 60) or some other combo (e.g 49/53/57)? What do you guys use and...
Back