Recent content by shmelton

1. shmelton

Do you have a case for your phone?

Cheap case. My screen replacement deductible is only $29 and I pay$3.80 a month for insurance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. shmelton

Can you judge a book (golfer) by its cover (clubs)?

Find a Man with an old set of forged clubs with sweet spots scratches, and a new driver. You sir have found yourself a hustler. Play with a 87 yr old man that plays with a late 90's model set of Wilson staffs and has a Epic Rouge. Old man aims for the sand I. Skins, shoots no higher than 73, and...
  3. shmelton

What temp do you keep your A/C thermostat set on?

I just installed a new unit. I keep it on 72, and it runs less than the old one did when we set it on 74. The thing I notice most is how much less humidity is in the house. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. shmelton

Movies I want to see made

A movie about the life of Carlos Hathcock Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. shmelton

Homeowners Association... are you paying HOA dues where you live?

I lived in one when. My wife and I 1st got married. Long story short I sued them over discrimination of my mobile handicapped autistic son. We won, the HOA never recovered. It all stemmed from me parking my car in the road because he wasn’t able to walk up the stairs in the house from the...
  6. shmelton

Homeowners Association... are you paying HOA dues where you live?

The nice part about living on 40 acres in the middle of the woods, means you can pee off your front porch or leave your trash can outside and no one fines you. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. shmelton

What are you drinking?

1792 small batch on the rocks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. shmelton

Where is the coolest spot you’ve vacationed?

Coolest maybe not, but definitely my favorite place to vacation is my condo in Orange Beach, Al. Golf courses are excellent, so is the inshore fishing... And they night life, and locals are a lot of fun. Oh, and pulling up on Robinson Island and people watching is always a blast. Sent from my...
  9. shmelton

Celebrities You Have Met

I sat next to Dusty Rhodes on an Apple Cart Bus going from the 4 Seasons condo’s to Beech Mt. in Boone NC. Didn’t even realize it was him until I heard him speak. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. shmelton

Celebrities You Have Met

I played baseball with Dale Murphy’s son. Dale was a cool dude. I used to party with Zac Brown before he got famous. My little boy pulled Nathan Deal’s(GA Governer) hair in church once when he was campaigning with Lynn Westmoreland (GA Senator. Wife’s good friend is Allan Jackson’s niece he...
  11. shmelton

Does Your Course Allow Pushcarts?

It’s to keep the slow old bitties out of the way. Where I’m from they will walk at 1.5 mph with an electric push cart. There is nothing slower than going out behind the senior women’s group at 9am on a Tuesday, and Thurs afternoons. There were so many complaints about the pace of play, the pro...
  12. shmelton

Chip shots — glove on or off?

Isn’t a chip shot stroke supposed to duplicate a putter stroke? Then why leave the glove o, if u take it off to putt? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. shmelton

Have you ever broken a window or hit a car, house etc. What did you do?

When I played for the high school team we practiced at a links style course that had a busy 2 lane hwy that ran the left side of the 1st hole. This hwy was close to the course, I mean close. You had a target bunker and the bottom of the slope of the left side of the bunker was 3 rail fence then...
  14. shmelton

Driver - the things that make NO sense to my brain.

I have a problem “getting stuck” at times which really screws up my drives. I have found a few exercises on YouTube that help me out when it starts. Eventually I will over correct and start slicing. When that happens I just make another correction. I had a pro tell me once, that you never want...
  15. shmelton

Big toe broken again

A dr can’t do anything for a toe, but cost u money. I’d elevate it and skip a couple of rounds. I broke my big toe when a large wave slammed me into a piece of corral, that had washed up during a recent hurricane, while I was out surf fishing. Now my middle toe is longer than my big toe, and it...
Back