Recent content by showtime

1. S

The Official 2024 NFL Thread

ARTICLE 18. HIP-DROP TACKLE. It is a foul if a player uses the following technique to bring a runner to the ground: (a) grabs the runner with both hands or wraps the runner with both arms; and (b) unweights himself by swiveling and dropping his hips and/or lower body, landing on and trapping...
  2. S

The Official 2024 NFL Thread

Obviously the refs are going to screw some up, but the writing of the rule should make it so hopefully only the obvious ones are called. The defender has to grab, swivel to the side, and drop their weight in order for it to be a penalty.
  3. S

All Time Trio: College Football Edition

What's the best college trio that played together? I'll start with USC Matt Leinart (top 6 Heisman voting 2003-2005, won in 2004) Reggie Bush (top 5 Heisman voting 2004-2005, won in 2005) Mike Williams (8th in 2003 Heisman voting) All 3 top 10 NFL draft picks.
  4. S

All Time Trio: College Football Edition

I was getting ready to say Stanford with Elway and McCaffrey, but it's a historical wasteland of WRs.
  5. S

Deal of the Day and Coupon Code thread

https://www.ebay.com/itm/196187599383?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ce0b9tXuRKi&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=1syO42WqQXK&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY...
  6. S

Should every course have a sub-300 yard par 4?

A course I play has the driveable Par 4 on #10. It works well because you know you've got time to stop at the clubhouse after #9 and it spreads out the groups on the back nine after the wait on #10 tee.
  7. S

Should every course have a sub-300 yard par 4?

I love drivable par 4s! There shouldn't be one at every course though. Each course should be unique in its layout and hole designs.
  8. S

Sun Day Red Apparel

I mean, it's true that I didn't expect them to spell Sunday wrong. I'm not sure that it's fun though. The logo isn't the worst I've seen and I assume it'll grow on me because it's Tiger, but I'd say it's below average on first glance. The dark polo is horrendous but the rest of it is fine. I...
  9. S

Is Taylor Swift the biggest singer/entertainer ever?

If you listen to an hour of music on a top-40 type station, I promise that you'll hear at least one of her songs. She has 4-5 that feature often in their rotations.
  10. S

Also, the 24/7 news coverage and social media of today isn't something to dismiss as an argument against her...it's a big reason and evidence that she has a bigger influence than the similar stars of yesteryear.
  11. S

I don't think anyone here is trying to make that argument. We're just talking about her popularity.
  12. S

I think the only ones I'd debate with Swift would be Michael Jackson and Elvis. The Beatles popularity would be right there, but they're a group. It isn't about the impact on music, it's just who is the biggest star. The film version of her concert was the #1 movie in America for multiple...
  13. S

Still sure that she isn't adding anything for you to the game? 😉
  14. S

Rate the Website - Bigga Balls

Seems like something that should market with the toilet mini-putting bundle. Maybe there is a market for this, but I can't imagine it's a product people would buy as something more than a gag.
  15. S

My 9 and 6 year old daughters watched the AFC Championship game with me because they wanted to cheer for "Taylor Swift's boyfriend". Other than a couple minutes of Packer games here and there, it was the first time they've really been interested in football. I chuckled when they were gushing...
Back