Recent content by Silverado

1. S

Last club to truly surprise you?

Picked up an HB Soft 2 CS about 2 weeks ago. Really enjoying it. Hadn't used a center shaft recently...if ever. Blades...Mallets... was in quite a funk with my putting. This past few days has made putting less fear and more fun
  2. S

Last club to truly surprise you?

Thought I was an idiot for trading my Rogue ST Max for a Paradym X driver...until I got to the course. Have about 30 rounds with her and the love affair gets stronger every time out.
  3. S

How many different golf balls do you have?

Oh, you meant new golf balls! :>) I have ~1,500 in racks on the basement family room walls. Industries and businesses that no longer exist. Ken Venturi, Cary Middlecoff, etc. old signature balls. A "Tiger" brand ball from the 60's long before Tiger was a gleam in Earl Woods eye. The...
  4. S

2024 Round Count

18 hole round #51 in 2024 today. Lost some days in January due to snow. Still hope to exceed the 200 round mark by year's end. Totally redid the bag for the year. Driver, irons, wedges, putter...and even the bag itself. Life is good....
  5. S

PING BeCu Putters

BeCu Anser 4 that matches my BeCu Eye 2+ irons. Right now have a MgBn Anser 3 in the bag but one of my Anser 4's will see tomorrow's bag.
  6. S

Retirement coming soon --- lots of golf in the future! :)

Congrats! Enjoy your retirement. I was one of the strange ducks. Enjoyed my work and kept in the saddle until 69. Thought I was retired, but the firm called and needed me to assist on one last project. So, I was 70 at retirement. Upon retirement, told myself I couldn't whine about...
  7. S

The 60 and over Thread

Started this morning's round on fire! Bird, par, bird, par... 2 under after 4. Bogeyed 4 out of the next 5! :<( Issues continued on the back. Could not convince myself to return to the nice smooth swing I began the day with. Putter would roll over the left side of one hole and the right side...
  8. S

The 60 and over Thread

Rain last weekend kept us off the course. Played Monday thru Saturday this past week. Took today off. Was cold and needed a recoup day. Weather looks good for the coming week. We're CPO through the month. Been good to get the additional exercise. Bag pretty well situated for the season...
  9. S

The 60 and over Thread

For the past year or so, short putts have been my nemesis. Would rather have an 8 to 10 ft putt than a 3 footer. Rain over the weekend kept us off the course. Stretched my 33" Anser 3 to 35". Installed a Lamkin Sink Fit Straight grip. There's always a honeymoon with any club change. But...
  10. S

The 60 and over Thread

Have had 2 Scotty's and 1 Bettinardi. I'm anal about keeping my clubs in pristine condition. Probably why I have always like Ping irons for their indestructability. Worried all the time about getting a ding or mark on the "fancy" putters. My Ansers take away that worry. And, they still do...
  11. S

The 60 and over Thread

Been a nice easy rain. Our course has been experiencing issues with the severe drought. River past our course is the lowest it's been in over 20 years. Beautiful grass growing on the sandbars we didn't even know existed until this past year. Our irrigation retention basin can't maintain the...
  12. S

The 60 and over Thread

The putters I've used over the years are all 35". My older Pings are all 35". Well, except one. Some time ago found a clean Anser 3 in a used bin. Couldn't pass it up for $10. It was 33". Have tried in on the course a few times and just could not get used to the shorter length. Rained...
  13. S

Missed Putts...a little fun here.

Most golf balls are scared of the dark. They are not going to dive into the darkness of that hole in the green. Nyctophobia. With counseling, some can be relieved of that fear. Problem is, when they're no longer afraid of the dark they will head for the deep rough and hide here to keep from...
  14. S

What is your motivation for playing golf…???

At 77, golf and coffee are about the only vices allowed!! Much more fun playing golf with our regular group... arguing and trash talking... than sitting in my recliner all day watching 'Price is Right' reruns!! :>) Worked until 70. Swore I would not "recline and decline". We have the first...
Back