SkiBumGolfer
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Just go with the 4th I haven't heard from him on it but if he can't I can find someone else in sure
    I will double check with him on Monday when he gets back in town. We didn't buy vouchers, I volunteer at the ranches and he works there part time so we may get another deal I will just have to have the manager from the ranches call.
    My friend doesn't play on Sunday. We could do the Saturday before or after. I like getting out in the morning better myself, at least it is easier to sell it to my wife that way.
    I think the demo days is usually there but put on by Uinta Golf, well at least in the past. I know they do have some things in the pro shop, it may be worth asking?
    I don't think golf galaxy or Edwin watts will price match with eBay. It has to be an authorized retailer. Are there any golf courses you have gotten to know people that work there or a pro you have taken lessons from? They may be able to help you save some money.
    I have had decent luck going to the pro shop at my home course where I have gotten to know the manager. With new clubs there isn't a ton of mark up so it ends up being a 15-20% discount is all. It was tough to cough up so much $$ for my set so if you can find what your looking for used it may be the way to go. Have you looked on KSL.com classifieds?
    Thanks. I have been talking to the manager at the ranches about volunteering this year for golf access just waiting for it to pick up a little there.
    I was impressed with how good of shape it was in. The ground wasn't frozen like it was last year. My guess is with how long it has been between play last year and this year most courses will be in great shape this year.

Sky mountain is pretty fun too.
    Is it a permanent move? I have never played sand hollow but heard it is great. I really like coral canyon.
    I played the front 9 of mountain view today.
    Maybe we should try to put together a utah outing with all the utah thp'ers this summer up at Wasatch. That place is truly great.

What courses are you playing in St.George?
    I am game for that. Let me talk to my friend and see when it may work for him. I may be a couple weeks out. I have to go out of town next week. I noticed mountain view is open today. I just got my clubs back from titleist on Monday so I need to go hit some balls and get in the swing of things for thanksgiving point. It is a bit of a tough course and I enjoy it. I usually only play it in off peak season when they offer deals because I don't think it is as great as they think to charge the green fees they charge. There is a really nice course in midway called Wasatch mountain state park, canyon course that I think is every bit as nice but $25 less than thanksgiving point.
    We should go to the ranches when the snow melts they have great off season pricing 1/2 the previous days high temprature. Is seems like with the weather it may only be a couple weeks, hopefully.
    It is right by talons, a very similar course as far as style but the greens are a little faster I like it a bit better. It is owned by vanguard golf who owns thanksgiving point and coral canyon. Mountain view is a pretty fun track I am always amazed at how little I focus there and end up shooting really bad scores, I must underestimate it.
    I live in The Ranches. I don't know if you have ever played there but I live close to number 5. If your in West Jordan your not far from where my addiction to golf was born, Glenmoor. I love that track.
    Sounds like a fun course, I'd like to give it a try sometime. I don't mind Mountain View, but I definitely prefer Glenmoor - Mountain View is kinda just a "oh it's a par 4/5, time to hit driver" kind of course. I like to have a little more to think about with club selection, and Glenmoor's narrowness and doglegs definitely give me that. But I hear ya on underestimating it - I've shot low 80's and a 37 on 9 holes there, but I've also shot a 50 on 9 there when I got stupid!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back