Recent content by Slightfade

1. Slightfade

The Cannoli

My daughters are currently in Venice. One on left is mango and one on right is tiramisu.
  2. Slightfade

Accros

I find it really useful, particularly the true club distances and the ability to compare your stats against lower handicap levels. I also went for an iron fitting last week and the fitter actually asked whether I had it and whether he could see it to check where my misses etc were and where I...
  3. Slightfade

How many states have you played golf in?

No worries! I love seeing where everyone else has played 😀
  4. Slightfade

Peanut butter bacon burger

Works pretty well on a chicken burger too…
  5. Slightfade

Your ONE commitment for 2022.

Immediately forget the previous shot
  6. Slightfade

How old is your regular golf course?

Mine was 1922 so celebrating it's centenary this year also. However, unless he likes to travel a lot, I'm guessing not the same as Chef23's :D
  7. Slightfade

Do you watch Rick Shiels club reviews..???

It is excellent. Ian is also British, hence trustworthy ;)
  8. Slightfade

Walk or Ride?

I will be walking 100%. I have to admit (sadly having not played there yet) that I was not aware how prevalent carts are in the US. I have only used a cart twice in my life and those were on corporate events. It just hasn't ever been part of my golf routine. My home club has 2 carts I think...
  9. Slightfade

Preround warmup: Short Game or Long Game First

I love this approach. I have often finished warm up by playing through the first hole on the range, but never taken it to the stage of the next few holes. I will definitely try that. Problem is that the first hole only plays out in the same way as my practice about 1 in 10 rounds 🤣
  10. Slightfade

He’s from roughly the same area of the UK as me (although I don’t have the same accent - @OldandStiff‘s wife will be glad to hear:D) so I enjoy seeing some of the local courses he visits and plays. I did not much care for him in the early days but he has definitely improved his presentation...
  11. Slightfade

Definitely all good (unlike the cricket at the moment…..) :D(y)
  12. Slightfade

Deal of the Day and Coupon Code thread

A 650 yard rangefinder seems excessive when I struggle to get my driver out past 540.... :D
  13. Slightfade

Viktor Hovland broken clubs

Sigh...we don't get enough sun here for my headcovers to ever fade.....
Back