Recent content by SnappyPhantom

1. SnappyPhantom

The 60 and over Thread

For you right handed golfers - anybody having trouble with their left knee. I focus on keeping my weight on my left side, and shoulder aligned to my left foot until the point of impact. I think it's tearing up my left knew. My stance is straight to slightly closed. My driver swing speed is...
  2. SnappyPhantom

President's Cup Captains Pick

Love the Kisner pick. He's a match play animal.
  3. SnappyPhantom

LIV shorts... Yea or Nay...

No. They should play in a coat and tie. Bobby Jones did.
  4. SnappyPhantom

Do you insure your golf equipment?

I insure my golf equipment by completely replacing everything at least once per year.
  5. SnappyPhantom

$20 Golfballs!

Life is too short to game a yucky golf ball. Economize somewhere else to make up the difference in cost. Cut back a little on the kids, spouse, pets, whatever it takes. You’re special! You deserve it!
  6. SnappyPhantom

The PING ChipR

Nice. Hoping mine shows up tomorrow.
  7. SnappyPhantom

Unsolicited coaching immediately before a tournament?!

I would probably say something to him that I would regret.
  8. SnappyPhantom

Score or shots?

Score. The fact that you’re still posting a decent score when you feel like you’re not hitting the ball that well is indicative of your skill as a golfer. There’s your positive take away! Additionally, it should reinforce the notion that a realistic upside to your game exists.
  9. SnappyPhantom

If Bobby Jones didn't retire at age 28, how many more majors does he win?

You might as well add "and if he was healthy" because he wasn't healthy. He sure was great though.
  10. SnappyPhantom

What is your putter grip pressure..?

I hold it like a hammer, same as I do the rest of my clubs. Same as a tennis racket.
  11. SnappyPhantom

Paired w/ 3 Left Handed Golfers

Remember the old Twilight Zone episode where the very beautiful Donna Douglas (Ellie May on the Beverly Hillbillies) was in the hospital for some undisclosed but very traumatic reason. She was quite distraught as her operation was unsuccessful - the operation to make her look normal! Then they...
  12. SnappyPhantom

Fess up. Would you call this a GIR if you are sitting 3 on a par 5?

You would have saved us all a lot of trouble if you would have just hit the ball onto the green.
Back