Recent content by sneaky_pete

1. S

14way divider? Why do you hate them? Or like them?

14 way divider top for me - keeps things organised and clubs exactly where I left them. doesn't help with bag chatter though - I use iron covers :D (lets not go there lol)
  2. S

Fast, aggressive swingers...what are your favorite iron shafts?

I'm the same, not fast but with an aggressive transition. Currently using Project X Rifle 6.5 and I am happy with them - I can load them fine and the dispersion is pretty tight. Tried Project X LS, these were just a hook machine for me for some reason, yuck.
  3. S

Pick your driver for 2023

currently thinking 14, 59, 73 and 25
  4. S

Pick your driver for 2023

Ping G430 Max. Being fitted early next month. Instead of using the digit next to your driver of choice - just name it Got sick and tired of looking at everyone's selections and then scrolling up to the list to work out which driver you're after.
  5. S

What’s the current number of playable / new balls

K that it explains why you have so many. I will get 2 - 3 rounds out of a ball before it goes in the shag bag - 2 competition rounds and a social round. rarely lose a ball.
  6. S

New ball for 2023?

+1 - if the triad comes out in yellow I will give it a run.
  7. S

Discussion: What will you never sell?

My Mizuno MX-200 irons and Ping G400 Max driver. Not gaming the MX-200's anymore but keeping them. Still game the G400 but likely going G430 Max early next year.
  8. S

iron head covers

buy Pro-Tekt zippered iron covers and thank me later. best I've found...
  9. S

Cam Smith Talk

as a proud Queenslander, he'd be drinking XXXX Gold or Great Northern (at a pinch).
  10. S

Make your Ping G425 max (or g410 plus) driver even more forgiving!

I have tried this with the G400 Max, pulled the stock weight out (2g I think) and put in an 11g weight. I don't know if it is a placebo effect or not but it feels more forgiving and I am hitting more fairways than before. My miss, a ballooning fade, doesn't seem as bad either.
  11. S

What is your estimate on how many dozen golf balls you go through in a year?

I usually play twice per weekend and get two rounds out of a ball generally. So 3-4 dozen per year.
  12. S

What's the one club you just can't hit consistently but won't get rid of?

+1 you've pretty much written my thoughts exactly. I lack confidence with the fairway (Cobra F9) but when I hit it properly it's a missile launcher. I think a lot of it has to do with the baffler rails on the bottom of it and playing off tight lies - just feel like I am going to top it...
  13. S

Favorite Iron Finish

+1 the DBM finish from Maltby is hands down the best black finish I have come across. Gamed a set of DBM forged irons for a few years and that finish did not deteriorate at all - looked factory fresh and awesome. I love a brushed satin finish or DBM black!!
  14. S

So, You Want to Be a Great Putter

I watched this video years ago and it helped my putting immensely - still use it now.
Back