Recent content by SoGaDawg

1. SoGaDawg

Is there a brand/club/ball/line you feel like everyone has tried......

Never hit anything Honma. Not even at the PGA Superstore.
  2. SoGaDawg

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

I’ve been playing Exotics fairways and hybrids since the XCG-6 came out. Always loved them. Have generally been a little lower launching off the deck though, which is fine. However...the CBX-119 Hybrid was a game changer for launching. Just high launching. Didn’t try that fairway in that model...
  3. SoGaDawg

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Got my clubs re-gripped. Some nice Red and Black Golf Pride Multicompound grips. (Go Dawgs!) Downside is I’m gonna be getting new gloves more frequently. Absolutely rips them up but you can’t beat these grips in the humidity that’s Georgia summer golf!
  4. SoGaDawg

Irons: What is most important to you?

Performance and looks. I play a split set. Apex looks better than the Rouges, obviously. But the Rouges in the 5 & 6 irons perform better for me than the Apex 5 & 6 because they’re a little more forgiving.
  5. SoGaDawg

Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Loved the Rogue. Very Underrated driver. It was my favorite driver since the old Titleist 915 D2. Rogue was very forgiving and long but I was getting a few more yards with the Mavrik. Whether it’s more forgiving than the Rogue can be debated and I didn’t have enough of a sample size to...
  6. SoGaDawg

Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I picked up the standard Mavrik yesterday after trading in my Rogue. PGA Superstore is doing a 50 percent trade in bonus if you get a Mavrik so that helped take a little sting out of the price. Gonna take it to the range today and hopefully play a little executive course with it too. Honestly...
  7. SoGaDawg

14 Clubs, How Many Brands?

4 brands but what used to be majority Taylormade has flipped to Callaway. And I used to HATE Callaway. Weird. Callaway - Rouge Driver, Rouge 5&6 irons, Apex 19 7-PW, 50 degree MD4 and 56&60 PM Grind 2.0 Taylormade - M6 Three Wood Tour Edge Exotics - CBX 119 20 degree hybrid & CBX 18 degree...
  8. SoGaDawg

Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Can’t go wrong with these irons. They look and feel awesome.
  9. SoGaDawg

What’s the oldest club that keeps ending up back in your bag?

I, like most of you, have some clubs that rotate in and out of the bag. I have several different fairway woods and hybrids that “I can’t completely quit.” I have a 2014 Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Limited Edition 14.5 degree three wood that somehow worms it’s way back in the bag once a month for...
  10. SoGaDawg

Halfway through that giant bucket of balls

Does anyone else’s range session start to suffer once you get over halfway through that bucket? I know mine does. I start fading/slicing things because I’m not releasing correctly and I will start hitting my driver high off the face because my arms are getting tired. I will also start Chunking 3...
  11. SoGaDawg

Taylormade's 2016/17 offerings: A little cheap looking?

I got fitted for a new set of irons yesterday at my local PGA SS, and I went in wanting the M2s and also took a look at last year's M2 Tours. Performance wise was OK, but I HATED the stock shafts. Hate isn't even a strong enough word. The look of the clubs combined with the Reax shafts just made...
  12. SoGaDawg

How often do you get a full bag of new equipment?

This is why I love this forum. We can ask Uber-Golf Nerd crap and get away with it! (ButI digress) With my purchase of a new set of irons, every club in my bag is completely different than a year ago. Funny how that works. So it got me to thinking, it's been years since I gamed the same full bag...
  13. SoGaDawg

What random swing flaw are you currently fighting?

So I have a few flaws that are literally constant battles, mainly swaying, jerking the club back (normally when I am trying to really smoke the ball) and keeping my backswing from getting too long. But every now and then a rando swing issue arises such as a new one that popped up as a...
  14. SoGaDawg

So I set up a net in my basement

I've had a chipping and putting area in my basement for a year or so, but jut recently put in a full size net for full swing practice. Not using a launch monitor...yet. Is there any recommendations as for drills to use so I don't ingrain a bad swing in the meantime? Thanks!
  15. SoGaDawg

Shaft affect strike quality?

So I had a KuroKage Black HBP shaft in my 5 wood, but it came loose and I had it replaced with a Fubuki shaft. (I got the KuroKage shaft installed at Dicks...yeah dumb move). Slightly heavier (5grams) but otherwise same length as my other shaft. Since then I have struggled to hit the 5 wood...
Back