Recent content by solidkjames

1. solidkjames

Rare feats on the golf course. Two hole in ones etc.

Last sunday I drove back from Myrtle Beach in time to play with our afternoon group. I played with my cousin, a 67 year old male member (7 handicap) and a 53 year old female member (20 handicap). On the 14th hole DP the 67 year old male member hit a hole in one which was his 6th career ace...
  2. solidkjames

Adidas-Tmag customer service was outstanding for warranty issue

Last week I called Adidas to report that the cloth on the heel in my Tour 360 4.0 shoes was tearing about where the adidas emblem is on the outside. I bought the shoes last summer and the tearing has gotten worse and worse. All I had to do was go back to where I bought the shoe and have them...
  3. solidkjames

European PGA Tour vs PGA Tour on television

The Bubba Watson comment thread got me thinking about what I like most about European events compared to US held events. This got me thinking about the differences of the two tours and how that might impact the players feelings towards the events, venue and tour itself. I love waking up...
  4. solidkjames

Bubba Watson loses his father to cancer

Just thought I would say a prayer for Bubba on the loss of his father. I just lost my uncle to cancer back in August and I was really close with him. It was touching to see Bubba get emotional this season talking about his father and I hope he finds peace...
  5. solidkjames

Watch Ryder Cup picks live at 10:30 am est

Here is the link http://www.rydercup.com/2010/usa/index.cfm
  6. solidkjames

Hitler is upset with UNC over the cheaters being caught!

Well looks like the Tarheels will be without their best defensive lineman and their number one fan this weekend. :D http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/4kgi
  7. solidkjames

In a time of great loss - Golf can take away the pain!

Last Thursday my uncle passed away from his year long battle with cancer. Since my dad died before I was 2 my uncle was the closest thing I had to a father in my life. We spent alot of time together the past few weeks as he was slipping away and what he kept telling me was he had a great life...
  8. solidkjames

ECU's new video board, nations 19th largest on campus scoreboard

84 X 28 2,352 sq ft beast running a software that no one in the world uses but the Cleveland Browns. I can't wait to see us in front of 50,000 fans with the new expansion. It is the largest videoboard in the state by 1,617 sq ft (take that turdholes and wolfpups) and ranks 19th out of all non...
  9. solidkjames

Hot weather taking it's toll on golf courses

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704017904575409411501359450.html?mod=googlenews_wsj Read this interesting article by the WSJ regarding clubs suffering from weather this summer. I know my home course has about 4 greens that are REALLY taking a beating from this heat. Anyone...
  10. solidkjames

Myrtle Beach golf trip set for October

Well the last week of October, 27th thru 30th our country club has about 24 guys going to North Myrtle to play a few rounds for money using a modified stableford scoring sytem or dog fight if you prefer. Everyone has a total of points based off your handicap on the course. I usually have to...
  11. solidkjames

Scotty Cameron Kombi S review

Well I gave into the itch and bought a new putter this past weekend. After a long hard trial and error process the new SC Kombi S won out. I had a a chance to play 9 holes with her on Sunday and all I can say is Scotty DO. I had 14 putts on my way to shooting a 40. two bogeys and a double...
  12. solidkjames

Tom Watson's Lessons of a Lifetime - Facebook contest prize feedback thread

Well I got home late yesterday and in the mail was my prize from the new Facebook contest put on by THP at the THP facebook page. For those of you who have facebook and haven't added THP be SURE to do so as GG is working hard on contests that you won't be able to win here. Anyways as far as...
  13. solidkjames

Do you like your wedges flatter than your irons?

I recently got a set of R9 irons that I'm working into my bag. I intially got fit for them as 2 degrees flat but after playing a few rounds I was having serious trouble hitting my gap wedge on shorter shots. So I went to have the lie checked. I ended up bending my gap wedge 2 degrees flatter...
  14. solidkjames

My Bridgestone Golf Ball fitting challenge results

Today I went to a Bridgestone ball fitting and put my Nike Vapor to the test against Bridgestones balls. The whole experience was pretty awesome and I learned alot about my clubhead speed and compression ability. If you have a chance to get out to one of these I highly recommend it. The...
  15. solidkjames

How has winter affected your game?

I played on Sunday and got a chance to play a full 18 for the 3rd time since November. This winter has been particularly harsh here in North Carolina. Usually a layoff helps me get rid of bad swing thoughts and such but I shot 100 on Sunday. That is my highest round of golf in over 5 years...
Back