Recent content by Speedliner

1. Speedliner

What is healthy eating these days?

Been hearing and reading more and more about this - chronic inflammation caused by foods we eat as the source of many problems from cancer to heart disease. It makes sense, especially when compared to the American diet and stats about obesity, heart disease, cancer and diabetes. It's...
  2. Speedliner

Don't look

Wife said "if you see something with Club Champion on it, it's mine, don't look at it. Just give it to me." Hope they have Srixon!!!
  3. Speedliner

Confessions: who hid some of the candy before wife threw it away.

I'm guilty. Wife took all left over candy, including the kids that we "buy back" from them to keep their sugar down, to work today. While she was in the shower I took a few Milky Way and Kit Kat bars out and stuck them in my Study desk drawer. Guilty as charged, but happy.
  4. Speedliner

FS: cleveland altitude 588 5W - new in plastic

And this is why you have the rule. It's been in a box for 6 months and is a 3W, not a 5.
  5. Speedliner

Top golf outing

So, we had a team outing at Top Golf in VA tonight. 100 of us. We each had a bucket of balls with out names in it, but we had to walk around looking for out buckets. I find mine and some else had been using it and it's half empty, so I grab my boss' bucket. I come in 17 out of 100 with a...
  6. Speedliner

Have to read this...so many things is like to say.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/cops-woman-crashes-car-shaving-privates/story?id=10065885 You may not get past the title, but you have to read the whole thing. What prizes these folks must be.
  7. Speedliner

Morning Drive - the Fashion Channel

Watching MD this AM and am having a chuckle. So much coverage of the Ryder Cup uniforms. Previewing them is cool, but so much discussion. LT has no golf cred, so they have her talking fashion now? MD seems desperate lately. Hard to watch. Golf Channel had their best ratings of all time in the...
  8. Speedliner

You can't make this stuff up

No left vs right political commentary, but gees. This guy isn't in congress yet, but he'd fit right in. If you were Kendall or her parents, what would you do? http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/10/va-democrat-reportedly-seeks-nude-shots-kendall-jo/
  9. Speedliner

Place to stay in St Augustine

Hi folks, We'll be in Orlando in August and the kids would like to extend our stay to visit Marineland near St Augustine. Anyone ever visit Marineland? Worth a visit ? Any recommendations for a beachfront hotel somewhere on the area. Needs to be clean and at least as nice as a Marriott...
  10. Speedliner

Wishon 560MC and Apollo Hump

Hi folks, I recently picked up a set of Wishon 560MC irons for very reasonable price. They're a forge iron with a 100% CNC milled cavity, variable thickness face. They came with the Apollo Hump shaft. I'd never heard of t and expect to replace them. They were mostly just a cheap experiment...
  11. Speedliner

Still a great story.

http://youtu.be/CTmSfnl4q3A
  12. Speedliner

Convertibles with enough trunk for clubs

Thinking of buying a third car for summer fun. Something like an old Boxster, or BMW 1 Series. There are some available at prices reasonable enough to make a nice weekend car. One requirement though is that a golf bag fit in the truck. Anyone ever drive one and try to get clubs in the...
  13. Speedliner

Sid Ceasar

Sid was before my time, but I got to know him from parent's stories and re-runs, not to mention The Love Boat and hundreds of cameos. Our family had a couple of clowns, my dad and a pair of uncles in particular that would perform parts, do olds bits for us kids. Every family gathering was like...
  14. Speedliner

What iron do you hit the most?

Thinking about my next set, trying all of the current crop I was wondering where I should focus. Do I need to be concerned for forgiveness in long irons if I like hybrids? Made me start thinking about which clubs get the most use from me. Driver I hit pretty consistent so I use that on every...
  15. Speedliner

Lord help me, I love a thin top line

I do, I do, I can't help it. Save me.
Back