Recent content by spindrift99

1. S

tips for overcoming 'hit impulse?

thx....I sense that what you are experiencing is very close to my situation....it's almost like a 'yip'. And I can see that it's because so much of my attention is focused ON THE BALL, and thus there's not enough attention left to focus on 'just swinging'. Even my wife and kids have pointed...
  2. S

Thanks!! And your previous tip of hitting into a net to ‘not care about the outcome’ will also really help. Just not being able to tell the outcome (and thus not caring about it) does nearly the whole trick of avoiding the ‘hit’ impulse.
  3. S

My takeaway (no pun intended), is that I’ll work on following ideas: - practicing hitting a ball when there is no visual outcome (like hitting into a net...I can really sense that this will help a lot...actually when I use to do this, I recall I had little to no hit impulse. And, a **few...
  4. S

Thx for all the feedback! Yeah, IMHO, the ‘ball is just in the way’ concept isn’t a very helpful tip of how to deal with this hit impulse...rather it’s the final result once you get PAST the hit impulse. ;-) i like the idea of grooving the swing without a ball, but ideally with something...
  5. S

I did some searching on these forums but didn't find much. I am a textbook 'victim' of what is described here: http://archive.naplesnews.com/columnists/sports/jim-suttie-overcoming-the-hit-impulse-ep-393368506-343151492.html...
Back