Recent content by stanwich

1. S

Old Singers Who Still Bring It

Saw Willie Nelson last night. Well past his prime, but ironically I thought he sang and played much better than he did the last time I saw him 10 years ago. Greatly enjoyed it.
  2. S

Whiskey Thread

I toured both Angel’s Envy and Old Forrester in December. AE your was good, but I thought Old Forrester tour was much better. It included more history (eg, why they were the 1st bottled bourbon, and filling prescriptions during Prohibition), and also demonstrated charring new oak barrels.
  3. S

Use adjustable loft or shaft characteristics for desired launch & spin

Lots of good info. Thanks everyone for your input. Think I’m heavily leaning toward 10.5* head, since that gives me a range from 9.0* to 12.0*, and I feel I’m more likely to need loft above 10.5* than below 9.0*; and Rogue silver shaft. It and TENSEI are more middle of the road then other 2...
  4. S

And I don’t have an official handicap, so the 36 in my profile is not accurate. I usually shoot mid 80’s, with most of my dropped shots from short game.
  5. S

I haven’t noticed ball diving out of the air. Shotscope shows I hit 53% of fairways, with equal misses right and left. I get good height and carry with my current driver (set to 11*), but have been playing around with slightly lower loft lately for a more penetrating flight with more rollout...
  6. S

TL/DR version: which has more influence on launch angle and spin for a given driver head that is adjustable up or down 1.5 degrees: adjusted loft, or shaft profile? Background: I want to buy a new driver with some soon-expiring Pro shop credit. I know the best answer is “go get fit”, but...
  7. S

Question about colors in shaft names

Thanks for the replies. Didn’t really think it would be that straight forward, but thought I’d ask.
  8. S

Question about colors in shaft names

Noob question here, but is there a naming convention where colors in shaft names (blue, silver, black, etc) indicate some consistent profile characteristics across different manufacturers? If so, is there a reference list somewhere?
  9. S

Bizarre, weird, or odd town names near you

you left out my favorite, Possumneck (which, by the way, is located 5 miles east of West).
  10. S

Cobra F6 hybrid question

These hybrids have adjustable lofts, which overlap at 19 degrees (high end of 2-3 hybrid and low end of 3-4 hybrid) and at 22 degrees (high end of 3-4 and low end of 4-5). Has anyone compared performance of these stock hybrids on a launch monitor at these overlap points? For example, a 2-3...
  11. S

supertri shaft question

New member --- been lurking for a while --- finally joined to ask a question. I am interested in a new driver, and considering a TM R9 Supertri. My main concern is too much spin. I hope to hit one (with stiff stock Motore 60) on a launch monitor soon. What launch angle / spin rate would you...
Back