Recent content by Stuggy

1. S

Trying to Break 100

I thought that I would report in. We live in the south of France now and I play most Sundays. I just scored 95 last weekend after my best score before being 110 on the same course. I restarted playing after a break of 10 years and never playing much or well back then. So I'm pleased to see...
  2. S

Mixing hybrids into your bag

I'm not a great golfer however I am starting to try and work on my bag a bit. I have a cheap starter set from years ago. At the time I also bought a few cheap hybrids. I have recently bought decent wedges (Cleveland). I am working towards replacing my irons which brought to my attention that...
  3. S

Local rule for stroke and distance 2019

How many of the clubs (maybe percentage) that you play at have implemented the local rule? I haven't seen it here in the Fench Riviera but admitedly I haven't been looking long or too closely yet.
  4. S

Self fitting

I'm getting back into the game. Are there other manufacturers like Ping who do a self fitting? I'm looking to pick up a used set of game improvement irons and it seems that Ping makes it fairly easy to work out what dot you are in their system.
  5. S

Advice for someone getting back into the game

I am not a great player. I'm still learning and haven't played for a few years. I was wondering if it would be worth me getting some better clubs. It is not a skill thing where I have evolved past what I have but the clubs I have are basically a no name starter set (Confidence). I was...
Back