Recent content by tahoebum

1. tahoebum

Thinking about a Tesla

When you see them it’s hard I believe that a car manufacturer had the balls to build it.
  2. tahoebum

The Official 2024 NFL Thread

I’m looking forward to the draft more than usual as the Vikings will be drafting a QB with a high of pick as they ever have even if they stay at the 11 spot. We are in Hawaii on vacation with our two oldest children and my daughter’s fiancé so we already have our spot at the beachfront bar and...
  3. tahoebum

Thinking about a Tesla

Hard to remember exactly but when my wife was driving it mostly on the highway she got about 45k-50k. The past 6 years it’s been my daily driver and I get only about 32-35k out of them running all seasons and I run them hard. I’ve got 20” aftermarket wheels on it and have been running...
  4. tahoebum

Luggage - Soft sided or Hard Sided?

Soft sided and as others have said, 4 wheels is a must. My wife and I are frequent travelers(she has 2.5 million miles with Delta not including her 3 years as a flight attendant). and we’ve had great durability from TravelPro, Tumi, and Briggs & Riley.
  5. tahoebum

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Massive Bridgestone Testing

1. Mostly Tour B RX the last three years with a brief experiment with CSX LS over the winter. 2. I was a bit sceptical but I’ve read so many positive comment from THP users that I’m intrigued now that my golf season is in full swing. I’ll be trying them whether or not I‘m one of the lucky...
  6. tahoebum

Thinking about a Tesla

The S is rather spartan for sure but the acceleration still puts a smile on my face each time I drive it. It’s mostly for short trips as almost everything is within 15 miles from home. For longer trips we take my wife’s Range Rover which also has the massage seats like your BMW. :)
  7. tahoebum

What is the fastest 18 hole round you have played?

80 minutes as a single riding and my son and I often finish in 2 hours or less a a twosome if we are the first ones out. Walking my fastest is about 2 hours.
  8. tahoebum

Thinking about a Tesla

Makes a ton of sense with the excess electricity your solar panels generate. We lived in CA and had solar when we bought our 2015 Model S new and with our solar it cost us basically zero to drive and my wife’s job at the time was reimbursing her 66 cents per mile for her commute. Our Model S...
  9. tahoebum

PGA Tour Payouts For Those Who Stayed

It doesn’t bother me that the top talent got more money, good for them. The LIV Tour has a bottomless checkbook and can play this game a lot longer than the PGA Tour can. The PGA Tour has been poorly managed for a long time and this appears to be a desperate move but they really don’t have...
  10. tahoebum

Old Man shakes fist at sky; handicap posting as a single

Yep, post them all. I don’t play many solo round anymore but I did when they first banned posting solo. I mainly use my GHIN to track the number of rounds played each year and for the small money games we play.
  11. tahoebum

What is your favorite cell phone app? (non-golf)

Pandora, Apple music, MyRadar, Windy, and the fitness app on my Apple Watch Ultra.
  12. tahoebum

Pops - Do you take advantage?

I feel your pain. :)
  13. tahoebum

Is Lasagna just Spaghetti cake?

Exactly. There certainly is a thing called spaghetti pie. ;) https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/spaghetti-pie/
  14. tahoebum

Best Iron Finish?

I like satin the best on my irons. If they come from the factory chrome I’ll take a Scotchbrite pad to them to satinize the finish.
  15. tahoebum

Shot my best round ever this morning.

Congrats! 4 strokes lower is a lot and a breakthrough like that will allow you to be more relaxed and in the moment next time you are flirting with a new PB.
Back