Recent content by tdinbr

1. tdinbr

Rando Stories

Every year my whole family rents a house for a week on Pensacola beach on Santa Rosa island. A couple of years ago I went and played the Pensacola Muni course as a solo and I get paired up with an older couple, like in their 70's I'm guessing. No problem for me, as I expected to get paired up...
  2. tdinbr

CONTEST Pick My New Golf Ball

Q Star Tour
  3. tdinbr

Your Last Chip In?

Last week at Quail Hollow GC in Mississippi. Short par 4 over water, thought I could drive the green. Dunked one off the tee. Took a drop at edge of water and hit a 4 hybrid right off the back of the green behind the hole, about 15 feet, bit of a downhill shot onto a recently sanded green...
  4. tdinbr

Your Top 5 All-Time TV Shows

The Shield Game of Thrones Peaky Blinders Silicon Valley Flight of the Conchords
  5. tdinbr

What accessory(ies) have you lost on the course?

3 wood head cover is about it for me (so far)
  6. tdinbr

Fallout - Amazon Prime Video

Loved it! Never played the games, but anything Walton Goggins is in has my attention. Dude is an amazing actor.
  7. tdinbr

Mizuno Partners With The DOD King

His act wears thin pretty quickly....
  8. tdinbr

Make your Ping G425 max (or g410 plus) driver even more forgiving!

I think I'm getting a bit more distance since my accuracy has majorly improved, but not like crazy longer. Ball definitely rolls out longer in the short grass compared to the rough though! Also might be due to getting more comfortable to how it now feels, and having the confidence to swing a bit...
  9. tdinbr

Make your Ping G425 max (or g410 plus) driver even more forgiving!

FAIRWAYS 79% Fairways Hit 9% Miss Left 11% Miss Right 5 rounds played with the new swing weights in and I'd say I'm more than happy with the change!
  10. tdinbr

Putting Stats?

I've used GolfShot as my GPS and round scoring app for the past many years and it keeps all my stats for me. However, I'm not sure what is considered good vs bad on some of these stats. Putting for instance - for all of my rounds going back 15 years or so to when I first started I'm at 1.91...
  11. tdinbr

HIO: How close have you come?

Same but hit the pin and landed 2 inches away. Heartbreaker…
  12. tdinbr

What are your favorite casual golf shoes?

Puma OG. I've actually gotten compliments on them when wearing as an everyday shoe.
  13. tdinbr

One tip to increase swing speed

I think it was Fred Couples I once heard say when asked what he does when he wants to hit the ball farther, "I actually swing easier than my regular swing". Coming from him, I thought that was memorable. Edit - now that I think about it, it might have been Ernie Els that said this?
  14. tdinbr

How much are your yearly Golf Membership dues?

$75/month with unlimited range balls. 2 courses, 1 is a links style 18 holes and the other is a 9 hole "practice" course. Carts are $28 but walking is free.
Back