Recent content by teamplayer

1. T

Lost my ShotScope L2 rangefinder

I have taped a length of red trail marking tape to mine. It waves in the breeze and helps me remember to always pluck it off the cart.. Why? Because I have left one on the cart before like a few other folks.
  2. T

This Sign Should Be Everywhere

I work at a muni and before I send out the senior guys on their days of scramble or league play, I try to mention to repair their ball marks and rake the traps. I am thinking the more they hear it, maybe it will help. I even mention it at check in to most golfers on days after rain hoping...
  3. T

Trade In? Sell Locally?

My pro shop allows persons to put used clubs for sale in the shop. Shop takes 10% of selling price. I have sold several clubs there and it is really an easy way to get rid of unwanted/unused clubs for me.
  4. T

Which of these two had a greater impact on your overall health and well-being?

Exercise by far. I have not been diligent since Thanksgiving and I do not feel or move as well as I did before. I am back on the program starting this morning.
  5. T

Is your interest in watching tour golf dead?

After PGA sold out to LIV after being untruthful about their plans to the membership, I have not watched a full hour of golf since.
  6. T

Music on the course

If a person wants music, let them play it by turning up their ear buds and let it go. I enjoy my friends banter while playing together. I really do not want to hear someone else play their music from two fairways over.
  7. T

Is your interest in watching tour golf dead?

I have basically given up watching golf on TV, After the PGA lied to the players about not giving in to LIV and then selling them out without warning, I have no use in supporting the PGA by watching their tournaments. I must admit I have not missed it as much as I thought I would. So now I...
  8. T

Is your front door electronic in any way? Part 1

electronic lock and all is good except when lock broke. Repaired lock, mechanism issue and nothing to do with electronic part and back in business.
  9. T

How do you mark your golf ball?

I play Supersofts. I put a black straight line under the Callaway chevron, both sides.
  10. T

Tee Time Intervals

At our course, it is 10 minute intervals. All is well, even on weekends, unless you get a group of golfers that contain one or two newbies and the group is trying to teach them how to play. When that happens, we go out and try to explain that they must keep up with group in front. Once, after...
  11. T

If you were the coach what would you do with #18?

He'd be sitting for a while and hear a VERY serious discussion before playing again.
  12. T

Favorite time of the day for a round

Early in the day is when I prefer. That would leave me a few hours later in the day to do my "honey do" list.
  13. T

Tell Me a Golf Tale

I've witnessed four HIO. The best one about 2 months ago. A fellow golfer playing in our foursome hit a shot to a 160 yard par three. We were impressed by the shot as it rolled toward the hole. It looked really close as we viewed it from the tee. As the last remaining member hit his shot we...
  14. T

How are the drivers where you live?

We live in a smaller, rural town. It is amazing to me how many drivers cross three lanes of traffic to make a turn with no regard for those behind them. These drivers give no signal, just start moving over with those behind them slamming on brakes and avoiding a wreck.
Back