Recent content by The_Dude

1. The_Dude

New England Members

The long par 3 away from water has an insane green. Pin was back left and I watched someone putt a 4 footer from above the hole right off the green.
  2. The_Dude

New England Members

I was fortunate to play Wianno in Osterville on Wednesday. Great layout with some of the best greens I've ever played in my life. Short course but typical Ross greens were the defense.
  3. The_Dude

Tobacco Road: The Solstice 54 Holes of Golf & 876 Minutes of Daylight

That place looks incredible. It's been on my bucket list for years.
  4. The_Dude

Your Distance Measuring Device?

Neo XS watch and Precision Pro NX7 Slope.
  5. The_Dude

New England Members

Played Meadowbrook in Rhode Island yesterday. What an absolute gem of a course. Great condition, wonderful layout, and great scenery. $65.00 on the weekend with cart is a great value! Yardage ranges from 5300 from front and plays 7468 front the tips. We played green tee's which play 6500...
  6. The_Dude

New England Members

Highlands is a great course. We play a few rounds a year down there in the winter. I still haven't played there in season though.
  7. The_Dude

Gas Prices: What are you paying?

$3.29 for 93 octane yesterday when I filled my Road Runner.
  8. The_Dude

Classic Cars

They had 3 or 4 of them, all 1970 vintage that had facelift's to look like 71's. Most of them were small blocks. One was fairly decent that was used for close up shots, the others we cobbled up rats that just looked presentable for driving scenes. The nicest of the bunch was sold and...
  9. The_Dude

Classic Cars

I've had this for 6 years.
  10. The_Dude

Any mechanics here?

It's not the starter. Most shops charge 1.0 hour diagnostic fee. As long as problem can be duplicated in their possession it's money well spent rather than throwing darts at the parts replacement dartboard. If they can duplicate concern they can check for spark, fuel pressure, signal from crank...
  11. The_Dude

Any mechanics here?

No light then it's most likely fuel or spark issue. Seemed to want to kick on 1st attempt. not sure when plugs are due on it or if they've already been done.
  12. The_Dude

Any mechanics here?

First thing is to scan for any codes. Check engine light on?
  13. The_Dude

Tiger Woods in Car Crash

That's a HARD hit in the nose. Looks like from the few grainy pictures I've seen the front end is stuffed in 3 feet. As mentioned earlier engine/driveline has nowhere to go except into firewall and floorboards. First reaction is to brace yourself if you see it coming. If actual speed isn't...
  14. The_Dude

Tiger Woods in Car Crash

I shattered my left ankle 16 years ago that was rebuild with hardware. I also suffered from compartment syndrome in same leg 12 years ago not related to ankle that resulted in a fasciotomy. I've still got some numbness in my foot/ leg/ankle. This is greatly affected by weather (cold/damp) and...
Back