Recent content by TheGeekGolfer

1. TheGeekGolfer

1/2 price at Heron Lakes in Portland, OR - Thursday, 7/31/14

I have a coupon that gets me a free greens fee at Heron Lakes when I bring a paying customer, anytime M-F. I got this as a 'birthday coupon' from Heron Lakes Golf Course. I have to use it by Thursday, 7/31/14. I would like to find someone from this site that wants to 'split it' with me. You...
  2. TheGeekGolfer

Aggravation...

I made these game boards for my in-laws this Christmas. We play a game like Aggravation, except we use cards. 5 cards the first round, then 2 rounds with 4 cards each, then deal goes to the next person. Ace or King gets out, Ace moves one. 2-10 moves that number, except three goes...
  3. TheGeekGolfer

Secret Gift Swap - UPDATED

Wow..way to go SS! I got home today and had a package waiting for me. My SS is awesome and totally did some research. I got a sleeve of Callaway golf balls, some practice balls, a sweet THP poker chip and the best of all... a WSU Driver Headcover. That is soooooo cool, I was thinking I...
  4. TheGeekGolfer

THP Thanksgiving Picture Contest

Here's the feast...turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, home made rolls, and since our family is Italian, we always have a big pot of Meatballs.
  5. TheGeekGolfer

PDX Oregon...round on Sat?

I know it's late notice, but I have a foursome at Langdon tomorrow (Sat) at 12:40p. Looking for some THPers that want to join me? $34, I think, with my farm card discount. Great fall golf weather!
  6. TheGeekGolfer

Portland...anyone able to play Thursday AM?

I have a twosome booked for 7:18am on the greenback at Heron lakes tomorrow (Thursday), but my playing partner can't make it. Anyone want to play? Early bird rate, $24.
  7. TheGeekGolfer

Anyone in Portland want to play on Wed?

Hey fellow THPers in Portland, we're looking for a 4th on Wednesday. Tee-time is 6:43am at Stone Creek, early bird rate of $23 walking. PM me if you want to join us. First come, first served.
  8. TheGeekGolfer

Anyone interested in a review... Glideball

So, I just got one of these (Glideball - portable driving range) for my birthday. I'm going to 'unbox' it this weekend. Anyone interested in a 'review' thread with pics / results??? They seem to be on clearance at places for $50-$75 (originally $300?). I think the company has gone out of...
  9. TheGeekGolfer

Shot of my life...

Kind of long, thanks for reading... Played on Saturday in a 4-man scramble tournament at Lewis River Golf Course in Woodland, WA. It's an annual tournament ran by a business client of mine, this is the 20th year. Everyone plays straight up, no cheaters allowed. It was pouring down rain, the...
  10. TheGeekGolfer

Callaway Uxplore...

Found this on Callaway's website (http://www.callawayuxplore.com/), they have layouts and maps of most courses, free to register. Could be very useful if your are playing a course for the first time or to get a new perspective on your favorite course. You can use it with or without one of...
  11. TheGeekGolfer

Energy Drinks & Shots

I've seen an 'off-brand' at the dollar stores, but not the name-brand. You can get them at Costco, works out to $1.50 a shot.
  12. TheGeekGolfer

LA golf partner(s) wanted...

I'm traveling to the LA area (we're driving from Portland, OR) this week. I'll be in LA (Hawthorne area) and am looking to play on Thursday, May 10th, most likely in the morning. Would love to make some new friends / golf partners in the LA area. Anyone fellow THPers want to play on that...
Back