Recent content by Thegeneral451

1. Thegeneral451

Need Some Good Mojo

Just received the results to my mri on my left knee. Not good, its a season ender :crying: I was trying to be positive and hoped that the ER doctor that told me it was a "severe sprain" was right. He couldn't have been more wrong. MRI Results: Fractured Knee Torn ACL Torn Medial Meniscus Tore...
  2. Thegeneral451

A Message to Hanks

Dear Hanks, The State of PA wants a win! We want a Trophy. If you and the THP boys don't Bring home a win, then just stay in Myrtle Beach and live under a lifeguard stand. Just joking! I wish you all the best of Luck and Hopefully you have great weather and a great Time! But seriously, win or...
  3. Thegeneral451

I'm not an addict...

When I had my set of Walter Hagen clubs, I snapped my 3W. I took the pruning shears to the shaft and cut the handle off and electrical taped the shaft nub. I now have the grip with me at work and am working on my grip in my down time. What do you do that non-golfers will never understand?
  4. Thegeneral451

Bandon Trip

So the Trip to Bandon Dunes was amazing. It was a long travel day on the way out, 20 hrs from waking up to going to bed. We flew into PDX and rented a mini van and drove the 4.5hrs to Bandon. We stopped over in Eugene to shop at Fiddler's Green. No sales tax in Oregon is key! They had a sale...
  5. Thegeneral451

2012: The Year of the Bear

Hello THP! Its the return of The General! I would like to apologize to all who have been weeping in my absence. Life got hectic and I lost contact with the site, it was very hard to be away. Since I've been away alot has gone on. First off: France, Myself, and two friends went to Bandon Dunes...
  6. Thegeneral451

Holiday Questions with the General

Hello Everyone and Welcome to a Q&A with none other than Me! All Questions in this video are fictitious but all the Answers are mostly real 60% of the Time. Enjoy!
  7. Thegeneral451

I Vow...

...To never shoot in the 100s again! This off season is going to be as focused as I have ever been. My competitive nature has me beating myself up for playing poorly, I know I am capable of playing better and smarter golf. After this season I will break down my game and work on all the flaws. I...
  8. Thegeneral451

WITB Lee Janzen

Damaged and broken clubs! An airline dragged his bag behind the luggage Tram and mutilate his clubs. His 60* wedge ended up at 22* and 30* lie. So when traveling do you bring your clubs on a Flight or do you fedex them ahead of time?
  9. Thegeneral451

P90X and Paleo Diet

So Monday I started in with P90X and a version of the paleo diet. I bought the DVDs off of QVC and got a 20lb resistance band with them but I can buy heavier bands at Dick's and interchange them if need be. So far its going well, I take Wednesday Night off because its my bowling night. So it...
  10. Thegeneral451

Offseason Goals

In the Northeast its becoming that of year again. The weather is cooling off and soon it will be the offseason :banghead: Just curious what are some goals my fellow THPers have set for themselves? Personally I have no short game whatsoever. My goal is to cut 10 strokes to my game and I know I...
  11. Thegeneral451

France's Manifestos

France and myself golf together alot and I own a Flip Cam. I take a Decent amount of video when we golf. Much of the video has choice language in it so It isn't posted here lol. I will post more as they come! This is after he shot a 40on the front 9 at Scranton Muni. Its hole 10 and he has...
  12. Thegeneral451

Royal Clan of Golfing Bears Get Fitted

France and Myself have an appt to get driver and Ball fitted at Golf Galaxy. $39.99 for both fittings so Its a good deal In my opinion. Its tomorrow after work so I will keep you all updated. I am in the market for a full set of clubs so I have been testing them all lately and I am finding out...
  13. Thegeneral451

Bandon, OR

So there has been talks on the forum of playing Dream Courses, and Me and France are planning on playing the 4 Dream Courses at Bandon. Our tentative plan is the middle of February for an extended weekend. Fly in on a Thursday, Play 36 on Friday, 18 Saturday, 18 Sunday, Fly Home Monday. With...
  14. Thegeneral451

Sunday THP Get Together

I would like to give a Big thanks to MaryC for setting up today's Round. It was great to meet fellow addicts of THP Buckjob and Hanks! (I already knew France before the round) Also a big Congrats to Mary for going under 100 for the first time!!! :banana: She also had Shot of the Day with a...
  15. Thegeneral451

What Makes a Golf Hole Great?

So looking for some opinions here. What makes your favorite golf hole great? Is it a risk/reward factor? The natural lay of the land that challenges you? Hazards that are placed perfectly? Tight Fairways? Sloped Fairways? Difficult greens? Why do you love the great golf holes you play?
Back