Recent content by TheRyno

1. TheRyno

What is 10K MOI and Does it Matter To You?

Serious question: what is the trade off with the ping 10k? He mentions spin, squaring the club up, etc when you pull all that weight back. I haven’t hit it, but all the reviews and videos on the ping 10k talk about how it’s an enigma with spin being on the lower side for such a forgiving...
  2. TheRyno

Is there an argument to promote the use of self correcting golf balls? A spitball...

You seem like you have your mind made up. I would suggest doing some research to see if what you believe matches the data gathered. Like someone else posted good luck with short game spin or an iron shot that the ball is not perfectly lined up on. If there were a ball that made it that easy the...
  3. TheRyno

Is there an argument to promote the use of self correcting golf balls? A spitball...

I’m not sure how you could come up with a legit self correcting ball. I’ve heard of polara but not sure if it really makes that big of a difference (according to sites that run tests on balls/equipment). Maybe a ball where you put a small gps chip in that makes it easier to find using your...
  4. TheRyno

Brooks Unloads on teammate Matt Wolff

Ben Simmons comes to mind. When pro golfers/athletes pull the mental heath card if they can’t perform under pressure it waters down when others are legit having serious mental health issues. We used to just say an athlete choked or couldn’t handle the pressure. Not saying he’s not struggling...
  5. TheRyno

Your Mt. Rushmore of sports commentators...?

Al Michaels John Madden Dick Vitale Hubble Brown
  6. TheRyno

Favorite Comedy Movie

Tropic Thunder Superbad Austin Powers
  7. TheRyno

How Do You Decide Which Club Wins a Spot in the Bag?

I feel like this is what I’ve been torn over in the past. Some clubs I feel way more confident standing over but in the back of my mind I’m worried about the 5-10 yards I give up on a great swing. My hope for this year is to go for the club that makes it easier on me vs blaming myself for not...
  8. TheRyno

How Do You Decide Which Club Wins a Spot in the Bag?

How do you determine which club wins a spot in the bag when deciding between a couple. I have some clubs that I don’t question or even test in the off-season vs some that are always on the chopping block (driver). I’ve done launch monitors where one may have way better numbers than another but...
  9. TheRyno

Phigolf 2 Mobile Golf Simulator

I tried the original one a few years ago before I got a skytrak. Returned it after a week of use. Probably my fault for expecting more but the putting and chipping made me want to throw it through my TV screen. Full swings were ok but still left a lot to be desired.
  10. TheRyno

Rory's Comments on Driver

Agree that Morikowa changed equipment like Rory but he’s the perfect example of a guy who won’t give the media much but smiles and bland quotes. They could both end their career with the same amount of majors but I know who I’d put my money on for a narrative as the better guy/player. May not be...
  11. TheRyno

Just an opinion. It seems like he likes to comment on anything and everything possible when sometimes the best thing to do is say nothing at all. Appreciate the honesty but the more you talk to the media the more of an opportunity you provide them to misrepresent you or put your foot in your...
  12. TheRyno

I think both can be true. He likes attention but is definitely in the cross hairs with the media. Talented polarizing players in sports attract coverage like a bee to honey. If the focus is winning tournaments (majors especially) I think his current approach has to be distracting him from the...
  13. TheRyno

If it was one comment I don’t think it’d be a big deal but he seems to make headlines every week saying something off putting to a large percentage of people. Seems like the only thing he likes more than himself is attention.
  14. TheRyno

Shortening Backswing.

I took lessons a few years ago and the instructor gave me a good drill to shorten my backswing. Assuming you’re right handed, take an alignment stick and tuck it under your right armpit with around one third of the stick poking out in front of your chest. When you get a full turn the alignment...
  15. TheRyno

Is there anything better than the Callaway Pre Owned Shop?

Huge fan of CPO and I’ve bought way more clubs off there than I’d like to admit haha. Anyone know if there’s a time of year they typically offer double money for trade ins?
Back