Recent content by thewitt

1. thewitt

"I shot 75" - but did you really?

I played with a guy last week whom you have all played with. He arrived as a single and the starter drove him out to join our group on the second tee. "Always seems I'm rushing," he says, as he lights up a cheap cigar and plops into the seat beside me. "I'll take a par on one, if you are...
  2. thewitt

Jason Day on 16

Can't remember seeing Jason Day make as many mental errors on one hole as he did on 16... Lost the tournament on that hole. Poor tee shot - took an iron and must have shut off his brain... Hack out of the tree without thinking about the trouble across the fairway. Took the unplayable to try...
  3. thewitt

Malaysia Airlines plane goes missing

Here's the official path options based on the satellite data
  4. thewitt

Count

5. thewitt

Malaysia Airlines plane goes missing

The last location on radar
  6. thewitt

Count

Love this one
  7. thewitt

Rules Question. What would you do?

This weekend, on a short par 4 I hit 3W over the hill, which feeds down to the green well below. The group in front was still putting and my ball rolled onto the fringe. We knew they were putting. I knew there was a risk my ball would get down near the green on a roll off the hill, but would...
  8. thewitt

WITB Henley at the Honda

Here's what he was gaming at the Honda. Many would call these game improvement irons... Driver: Nike VR_S STR8-FIT (9.5 degrees, Graphite Design HD-7X shaft) 3-Wood: Nike VR_S Covert 2.0 (15 degrees, Fukijura Rombax P95 X shaft) 5-Wood: Nike VR_S Covert 2.0 (19 degrees, Fukijura Rombax P95 X...
  9. thewitt

New Game Golf system

Game Golf breaks down your shots by club. It was interesting to go back and see how I use my wedges.
  10. thewitt

With phone apps, why buy a GPS?

I purchased a Golf Caddie GPS a few years ago. I loved it. Knowing the distances to hazards, end of fairways, green quadrants, etc, made me a much better, faster player. I laid off golf for a few years as my job moved me from the US to Malaysia, and golf was really not on the list for a while...
  11. thewitt

Where would this player rank on Tour?

If you had these statistics, what ranking do you think you would be on Tour? Average Drive 245 Rank 77 Fairways 74% Rank 50 GIR 73% Rank 16 Putting Avg 29 Rank 5 Scoring Avg 69 Rank 3 Not long, but you do get on in regulation a lot, and putt very well.... Any guesses where this player ranks...
  12. thewitt

Beware the range with elevated tees

I spent one morning last week at a driving range with a severe down hill landing area. The tee lines are all elevated. What does this mean? It means my 150 yard shot travels 150 meters..... or 164 yards. Now as long as you know this, and don't count on the distance markers being correct, you...
  13. thewitt

Best Simulator out there?

Last time I looked, About Golf had the best playing simulator on the market. That's been 5+ years now. Who has the best simulator today? I have a friend building a new home and seriously considering adding one.
  14. thewitt

Hello from Malaysia

My name is Tim and I'm a US citizen living in Malaysia. I owned and operated a golf business in the US for many years, fit thousands of players in custom clubs, repaired, re-shafted or rebuilt thousands more, designed and manufactured shafts and heads, and generally lived all things golf...
Back