Recent content by tilley88

1. T

Slowing the Takeaway

Recently I’ve gone to a much slower takeaway to help with both my transition and flipping at impact. It works for me, and I’ve actually gained as much as 20 yards on most clubs. It also allows me to focus more on keeping my hands ahead at impact, and that’s probably where the majority of my...
  2. T

I may have lost my mind, four wedges?

Whatever works for you, go for it. Hell, I’ve got a driver, 2, 4, and 7 woods, and 5, 6, and 7 hybrids. Seven woods in total, half my bag. The rest of my bag is 8, 9, PW, GW, 52, 56, and putter.
  3. T

The Iron Covers Thread

I’ve used iron covers for years. The way I look at it, it’s to protect my investment. Besides, I absolutely hate the sound of my clubs clanking around while I’m listening to music between shots. Nobody I play with gives me any guff over it. To each his own…..
  4. T

Ben Hogan Stance Setup

I have recently been doing this on my sim with the wedges, mid and short irons with success. Ali isn’t the only one talking about this on YouTube, it seems every Brit YouTuber is on the bandwagon.
  5. T

What creature comforts/conveniences/options do you have to have in a car?

A/C and heat are must haves here in the Midwest. Everything else is just a bonus. I do enjoy the heated seats for a few minutes on cold mornings. I rarely listen to the radio. Just me and my thoughts……
  6. T

Do you LOVE your clubs..?

I love the way my clubs look, sexy as hell. PXG Gen 3 XP irons, Ping 425 Max driver, 3 & 5 woods, Indi wedges, and TM Ardmore putter. Tomorrow my Mizuno JPX Fli-hi 5, 6, and 7 hybrids arrive to replace my sexy long irons.
  7. T

Increase Iron weight??

Adding tape and heavier grips raised overall weight, but depending on how much weight you added at each end affects your swingweight. Some folks like that sledgehammer feel where the head feels heavier than the grip, others like it the other way.
  8. T

Has anyone bought a butchered cow?

I bought a quarter about a year ago for the first time ever, 212 pounds. I don’t remember what all in cost was, but it was waaaaay cheaper than store bought and leaner.
  9. T

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I can’t compliment this MG Senior ball I’ve been playing lately enough. It spins enough for my home course, feels pretty good off the putter, and definitely is longer off the driver. Gonna have to order a few dozen soon, because it doesn’t save you from going in the woods. Great ball for the...
  10. T

Best Baseball Movie Ever?

Long Gone with William Peterson and Virginia Madsen was a great movie.
  11. T

Top Five Favorite Pro Golfers All Time

Ben Hogan Jack Nicklaus Sam Snead Tom Watson Jason Dufner Something tells me Scottie Scheffler may be up there before he’s done………
  12. T

Roast me…

I’ve used iron covers for years because I can’t stand the sound of them “clacking”.
  13. T

What Ball Do You Play and Why?

MG Senior. Why. Because I’m old. Seriously, they’ve been in the bag the last 2 rounds and have performed admirably, better than I anticipated. Distance is better than most, spin is okay, and feel is not bad. At $20 per dozen it’s a win/win.
  14. T

Inflation and its potential effect on Golf Rounds

Good thing I’ve got a launch monitor/golf simulator with 22 golf courses to play on…….
Back