Recent content by timbertoes

1. timbertoes

Toyota FJ owners

Post up!! here is my 2007 "Oreo" Has TRD package
  2. timbertoes

Stracka..

question about the old Stracka... used to "belong" and I got a wallet sized card to carry with HC, etc. Now its US handicap. Ok so paid up. Should I expect to receive the same card, etc., from them ? thanks, bryan
  3. timbertoes

Cause I dont know any better..

Than to take up a Golf again :) Good to see this forum still here.
  4. timbertoes

Best FrankenClub yet

:bananadance: Is a CT250 7W (20 deg) on a circa 1994? Memphis 10 Steel shaft, taken from a Callaway Big Bertha. cut about 2" of the tip off and glued it in. It hits absoluty great, off the tee or grass. total outlay : $0.99 :) for the head. the BBertha was my son's from a long time ago...
  5. timbertoes

New Sand wedge

new to me :) another $5 special at GG :D Just had to go back today at lunch. I found a Maltby 56 wedge with enough ? 8 deg bounce and overall neat looking sole design to be my new sand wedge. It has a TT DG Lite S shaft. it looks like this: plus I got two #7 fairway heads for 99 cents...
  6. timbertoes

2 finds at Golf Galaxy

hehe, rainy day..went back to GG to look for some other deals.. They had just moved a bunch of old stuff to the front.. for $5: A Maltby Ct250 3H on a Fuji Vista Pro S shaft. for $9.99 (Another) Maltby MAX Offset Driver on an older GD YS6 type II R flex shaft. So now I have 2 of the MAX head...
  7. timbertoes

Driver Ho Down!

Sheesh, who can pass up Maltby heads for less than $10 each!! crazy! GolfGalaxy.... A older style KE4 9deg. Head and a Maltby 10 deg Max Offset (super hook) head. That one should be a neat comparasion to my Adams XTD A3OS Heads. hmmm. need another shaft to choose from too...hay here is a...
  8. timbertoes

Mud Race

1986. My first "Texas Cross Country" racing club race was an in-the-mud race. (could not even finish) 2009. My first League golf event....raining for 2 days now. :banghead: tee time today approx 2:00pm. Individual stroke. Interesting corollary. dambit ! I hope it is a good sign of things to...
  9. timbertoes

Demo Irons

over the past year, I bought 3 demo irons. 2 of which were stiff shafts. one of the clubs is a Ping G5 6i that is 1" longer. I was not overly impressed, it seemed short on distance. Last night I put in a TT DG R300 shaft, and just a few minutes ago, hit it - barefoot in the wet grass :)...
  10. timbertoes

Oh, I have done it now!!

BWAHAHAHAHA Step away from the tools... I just center-drilled a new shaft hole in my Carbite ZG Mallet putter :D It mostly in the center, and somewhere about the angle I think I want. and with some luck the shaft will point so the loft is not messed up... well, nothing that cannot be...
  11. timbertoes

New Goal : 3i , 210 yards.

Hmmmmm Seems that what the Pro's were doing yesterday at BMW. wish me luck in my new goal. Also, I will need some references to some bone and tendon doctors. :bulgy-eyes:
  12. timbertoes

Any Heavy Putter brand fans ?

Just picked up a H1 midweight! (for mid, it's plenty heavy!) Mallet, with the center shaft. Tried out other mallets, but this thing balanced in my grip, and posture best and gave me the best pendulum feel. I hope it does well on the greens.... my rational is also: the less further back you...
  13. timbertoes

Long and low 6iron

huh, because it was 27degrees loft. supposed to be 30. got that fixed! Sand Wedge was 1 degree strong at 55. not to big of a deal, but got it rebent also. then well, you will like this...a while back I bought a 56 vokey wedge. hmmmm. two 56 deg clubs. just a bit of bounce difference...
  14. timbertoes

Short notice golf..playing tommorow any dfw joiners?

Hoping to play at "Plantation" course in Frisco tommorow, thought I would extend a short notice invite to anyone. I was thinking about 10am ish. cost is $40. http://www.plantationgolf.net/layout9.asp?id=131&page=2321
  15. timbertoes

Simply Awesome Course, Sherman, Tx.

http://www.stonecreekcc.com/golf/proto/stonecreekcc/ And Only $35 - this was a peak time! , and not crowded at all.. just walked on at 12pm!! Superb, scenic layout that is not too hard, and not too easy, just about right, though better players might not be so challenged. In the interest of...
Back