Recent content by timg

1. T

What is the one golf accessory you can’t live without now?

Shotscope watch is a game changer for me. Loving the new V5.
  2. T

School of Golf

I’ll watch it as background noise at times. Martin can get a bit old at times for me but it’s either have golf on or have Law & Order as background noise.
  3. T

Shot Scope V5 Golf Watch Review

My V3 has been rock solid but I couldn’t resist the temptation to get this one at $180. Looking forward to using it all summer!
  4. T

Are Range Finders Worth It?

I haven’t used my range finder since buying a ShotScope watch. The only thing I use the range finder for is now seeing if it’s safe to hit when there is a group in front of us. The watch does so much more than providing the distances as well so that’s a nice bonus.
  5. T

Range finder or GPS?

Shot scope does everything I need these days. Only time I use my rangefinder now is seeing how far out the group in front of us is to know if it’s safe to tee off or not.
  6. T

Anyone playing a 9 wood?

Bought a 9 wood as a cheap experiment last week after finding one used at 2nd Swing and it left me speechless on the course. The thing is so easy and fun to hit. Reached a short par 5 in two with a 200yd 9 wood that just dropped softly from the sky on the green. The 9 wood has been so fun to...
  7. T

Last time you were truly surprised by a new club?

9 wood. Put it in my bag as an experiment and now it’ll never leave. Had no idea how fun and easy it would be to hit.
  8. T

Kirkland Signature vs ProV1

Kirklands are so cheap I basically treat them like range balls when I’m playing a dusk practice round on the course. Sometimes I don’t feel like walking out of my way for the stray duck hook and leave it for the dew sweepers to find the next day. As others have mentioned the Maxfli Tour X is a...
  9. T

Range vs Sim

Season is short here so I’ll always opt for grass when given the choice. Although lately life has been busy so hitting into a net in the backyard with the GC3 is holding me over.
  10. T

Would you take this Kirkland deal..?

Free golf for 3 years with Kirkland as my sponsor. Sign me up! Throw in free Costco hot dogs at the turn and it’s a definite no-brainer!
  11. T

How do you use a golf simulator?

I just bought a BLP and I’m trying to overhaul my swing this winter so it’s mainly all been for practice to see where my numbers are at. I might try to sneak in a round or two when friends come over but I’m really trying to keep the focus on grinding though this swing change.
  12. T

Foresight GC3 and Bushnell Launch Pro

Back at 3k makes this a no brainer for anyone that has been on the fence with the 4k price. I’ve been really enjoying my unit now that it’s full blown winter here. I just started taking lessons and it’s great to have accurate data as I work on my swing.
  13. T

So how do you use a launch monitor to improve your game.

I just bought a Bushnell Launch Pro and along with the usual things like my path, club speed, and attack angle I’ve been experimenting. I’ll mess around with things like ball position, tee height, different balls and see what impact that might have on my things rather than just trusting my...
  14. T

Shot Scope Software - Data, Updates, Features, Requests and Questions

Would there be a way for Shotscope to keep a handicap?
  15. T

Shoes For X-Wide (4E) Feet

I was in what felt like an endless search for a wide shoe that was comfortable as a walker. Once I tried on a pair of Pumas I was instantly sold. I'm wearing spikeless shoes so that might be the only hiccup for you.
Back