Recent content by timmyb12357

1. T

Would you play non conforming wedges?

I played with a random guy one time that had some bright blue oil slick looking wedges that had to be non-conforming. He was a pretty good player, but he would hit 20 yard pitches that would rip back like 10-15 feet. It was wild. Would definitely be useful in some situations on super fast...
  2. T

Could you shoot -9 at Augusta in 8 hours with unlimited mulligans?

I’m not a great player, ~9 handicap, but I hit it fairly long. I think this is doable with a few months to get in better shape. Would also need to bring about 200 balls so you could rapid fire mulligans.
  3. T

The Home Renovation Thread

Thanks!!
  4. T

The Home Renovation Thread

Would you mind providing a link to these, please? Would really appreciate it.
  5. T

When do you know it’s time for a change?

That’s funny
  6. T

What 4 clubs are on your “personal” Mt. Rushmore…???

great call on the Cleveland launcher 460. was a HUGE step up in distance and forgiveness over my Titleist driver at the time.
  7. T

Are the USGA and R&A really doing what’s best for the game?

I can’t pretend to have any idea of the macro effects on the game their moves are causing. What do you think the right moves would be for them to make versus what they’re doing now?
  8. T

Visiting ArborLinks

Just came across these in my photos and remembered I meant to post. Might just be the Nebraskan in me but thought they were great.
  9. T

What’s your price max for lessons?

My wife splurged and got me a lesson with James Sieckmann here in Omaha which was $250 for an hour. I guess he’s a former teaching pro of the year. I emailed with him a little bit prior to just letting him know this was going to be a one time deal and a couple things I was looking to work on...
  10. T

Nebraska golfers

Arbor Links was absolutely incredible. Would recommend anyone play it if given the chance.
  11. T

Nebraska golfers

Will be Nebraska golf spoiled for a couple of weeks.Was supposed to play Arbor Links a few weeks ago but had to reschedule to next week. Playing Landman Saturday. Pumped for both.
  12. T

What’s better than a 5 hour round.

Not that I am anyone, but your response seemed relevant to me. And I agree with your take—while I don’t like to play slow, I am not there to get around as fast as possible either. There is an (over IMHO) emphasis on pace of play that seems to overshadow people being able to just enjoy themselves...
  13. T

Visiting ArborLinks

I will be playing Arbor Links Sunday. Not a dormie member, but my wife and I are staying at the Lied Lodge hotel nearby and they offer a stay and play package. Can’t wait!
Back