Recent content by tommyhaka

1. tommyhaka

Do you brush your teeth before or after breakfast?

Story: I went out for breakfast and sat at the counter, and knew the waitresses. I didn't brush my teeth before I went , and the waitress was disturbed with my 'morning breath , so I always remember to brush before I go out now. This this time sort of was pleasing because the waitress was a...
  2. tommyhaka

Who do you love to see lose..?

Rory Ian Sergio Red Sox Packers Ohio State Penguins Cowboys (lol)
  3. tommyhaka

Which is the most important club to be fit?

Driver, I have to get to the green from a decent location ,and driver gives me that opportunity. I can putt just as well with any putter.
  4. tommyhaka

Do we make too much out of our ball choice?

Not quite, that's how I select my ball predominantly, is how it feels off the tee. For example, with my swing speed a Pro V1 feels a bit like a rock, whereas a tp5 or Callaway Chrome soft feel fantastic. So I don't play Pro V1 Golf balls, I stick with others because of how they feel off the tee.
  5. tommyhaka

The Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich

(Night before) 1) make high protein waffles with egg- beater. 2) Hardy portion of natural peanut butter on one half of the waffle. 3) moderate portion of natural preserves on the other half of the waffle. 4) put together and then throw it in the freezer. This will keep it cold until you need the...
  6. tommyhaka

Can you putt the same with a cheap vs expensive putter? Are top dollar putters really worth it?

If a lousy putter with poor technique thinks he's going to improve his game with an expensive putter he is probably wasting his money. Good technique with a good putter is probably a good mix. Although I think one can find that in a medium priced Odyssey or Ping putter.
  7. tommyhaka

It's just a conversation, and I generally don't concern myself with what outsiders think.
  8. tommyhaka

Can a “Short Knocker” get to single digits??

* Play the appropriate distanced tees. * Keep the short game fine tuned. * Have good touch around the green. * Good lag putting.
  9. tommyhaka

Michigan hackers, check in here

We played The Grande in Jackson yesterday . Nice course, and is very playable in my opinion, as the fairways seem to be ample to drive onto. Greens are a challenge, and well kept up. Great outing!
  10. tommyhaka

Yes ,on those type courses, and they are out there, I usually play my 'seconds' balls. Although, for most courses , there's nothing like pulling out a brand new premium and teeing off! Even on those courses, when confronting an ominous looking hole, I put a lesser ball into play .
  11. tommyhaka

Is Hitting Into A Group Ever Justified?

Absolutely not, especially when you have the ability to verbally tell someone to 'speed it up please!" Although, I put tailgating in your vehicle in the same category, and people do that all the time. Both situations risk another person's health, safety, and life.
  12. tommyhaka

Yes I think most of us do. Being a 15 handicap, I could probably use any ball and score the same,maybe. I used to game the Top Flight Bomb, when they used to have the bomb logo on it, but have since dropped it and play urethane premium balls. My Philosophy is hit the ball straight, and nothing...
  13. tommyhaka

The 60 and over Thread

I just turned 67 and still play the white tees. I can usually play the blue tees if I want, but prefer the white tees. My yardage generally that I like is 5,800-6,200 yds. I am a 15 handicap right now and generally shoot mid-80s to 90. I just played a private course the other day which was 6,361...
  14. tommyhaka

Have you ditched cable?

I had local cable company internet service and was streaming for a while. I had DirecTV and Peacock for my streaming needs. It's amazing how much money of your payments go for professional sports to pay their salaries. The basic DirecTV subscription doesn't include Bally Sports which broadcast...
  15. tommyhaka

Tour Event 2022 Tour Championship

I have an idea, I think MLB teams with the better overall record in the World Series should get a two-run head start every game?
Back