Recent content by TonyB

1. TonyB

What's the longest break you've had from golf?

I started playing 8 years ago and just ended my longest layoff of 13 months since then. I injured my knee back in Feb 20, then had surgery on it Jan 5 this year. I played for the first time since Apr 2020 yeserday.
  2. TonyB

Tiger Woods in Car Crash

I've been busy all morning and saw this about 10 minutes ago. It's hard to imagine that he was conscious with the distance he traveled and no skid marks but it's all speculation at this point. Hopefully Tiger can make a full recovery.
  3. TonyB

Greatest Western movie of all time

Toss up between Outlaw Josey Wales and Tombstone Comedy western Blazing Saddles, My name is Nobody.
  4. TonyB

Lobster or King Crab

Neither. I have developed a allergy to both. I ship a few hundred thousand pounds of King Crab a year. I also buy 40 lbs for my friends/family for our 2 annual parties, 4th of July and Christmas. I get it from my customer for cost and if we have had a good year, they will comp it to me...
  5. TonyB

Golf and Wine tasting @ Chambers Bay

No just Browne. It is a very good Cab and Blends but I almost never buy it because the label is so boring. Ridiculous, I know but I like good wine but also cool bottles and labels. https://www.preceptwine.com/
  6. TonyB

They seem to have a large number of wines but the one I see the most is Browne mainly because our Costco carries it. I am sure they will have some of their higher end wines available.
  7. TonyB

My wife got me this package for my birthday. It includes warm up instructions by their PGA pros, 9 holes of golf then Precept Wine tasting at the Chambers Bay Grill. I'll be playing with my father in law so it should be a good time and knowing the two of us, the wine tasting will cost much more...
  8. TonyB

2019 Odyssey EXO Putters Thread

I'm loving my EXO 7s SL. I finally found a putter that I connect with more than the V Line Fang I've been using for 4 years.
  9. TonyB

What are you watching (No Spoilers)

My wife and I are doing the same although only about halfway through Season 2. It's like Sons of Anarchy on a horse ranch instead of motorcycle. We love this show and it's the best thing Kevin Costner has done in many years.
  10. TonyB

BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

I just picked this up for our motor home. Green Mountain Grill Davy Crockett. I really wanted the Grilla Chimp or RecTec RT 340 but they are 24” high and my basement storage opening is 25”. It was too close to chance blowing $600 plus on. The Davy will get a test next week while camping at the...
  11. TonyB

Favorite Golf Ball

I was a die hard Truvis fan until I played the Bridgestone E12 Soft. I also have 4 dozen Srixon Z Stars but they may not get much playing time since the E12 Soft seems to fit my current game so well.
  12. TonyB

First time playing since February

I picked up my Mavrik irons right after the release date and played 2 rounds in sloppy conditions before Covid19. After our course reopened I wasn't motivated to get out there for whatever reason but I played Friday and now have the itch to get back to playing regularly. I did have a couple...
  13. TonyB

Favorite NON-BLADE putter shape: Pics Demanded

Pro Golf Discount is a local store. They also sell online, I see it is $199 on their site. I had some buyer points which is probably why I got it for $179. https://www.golfdiscount.com/odyssey-exo-seven-s-stroke-lab-putter?___store=default&nosto=nosto-page-category2
  14. TonyB

Favorite NON-BLADE putter shape: Pics Demanded

I just picked this up yesterday on sale for $179. I went in looking to buy a Black 10s but after putting with this for about 10 minutes, I was hooked.
Back