Recent content by TRA024

1. T

Shot Scope X5 Watch

I played a course with several severe dog legs and that got me thinking do GPS watches measure the "as the crow flies" distances or using the apex of the dog legs as intermediate points? Can make a big difference to what GPS states as total hole distance at the tee box vs scorecard. Also do...
  2. T

Club Champion Acquires TXG

And Matt's out again...(from IG today)
  3. T

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

Srixon lists SW of ZX7 as D3 and ZX5 as D1 so assuming standard shaft / length there would be a difference.
  4. T

LIV Players - Can They Come Back To The PGA Tour?

I would let them back in but they would have to pay a 20musd reinstatement fee. Seems right as they cashed in on the fame PGA Tour platform allowed them.
  5. T

Vehicle Purchasing: Leasing vs Buying?

No right or wrong answer, depends on your situation / driving habits as well as the deal(s) you're able to get. Especially if leasing be very mindful of the residual value offered and the money factor (essentially fancy lingo for APR). Different brands and even models within brands have a huge...
  6. T

Indoor swinging/simulator crew: ceiling height

Garage 8.5 feet, can go up to 3w (6'1" tall). One thing to account for when you use a tighter space is "indoor swing syndrome" (subconsciously holding swing back in fear of hitting ceiling) will likely be a thing for a while so don't worry if your readings initially are a little lower than...
  7. T

Foresight GC3 and Bushnell Launch Pro

I was for the longest time on a quite old version of the firmware and updated a few weeks ago to the latest. I'm seeing lower launch angles by 2-3 degrees (as well as corresponding landing angles) but feel like distances are a little longer and more in line with what I actually see on course...
  8. T

Shot personal best today

Onneksi olkoon, mahtavaa!
  9. T

Best Course Management Book

100% agree with DECADE (also look for podcasts with Scott Fawcett on to get a good rundown on it). The other books I would recommend: 1."Lowest Score Wins" (Barzeski & Wedzik) 2. "The Four Foundations of Golf" (Jon Sherman) If you want to dive into strokes gained then Every Shot Counts by Mark...
  10. T

Dr Scholl is cheaper than Mr Quad :)
  11. T

Change One Thing About PGA Tour

Create a Top Tier series of events (Riv, Memorial, API, Players, some new one?) of maybe 10-12 events per year and give top 50 auto qualification based on previous years ranking, the remaining spots smaller given through good play in other events / tours. At the same time merge KFT and the...
  12. T

Didn't notice that. So seems anyone who got in at 3k will benefit from this nicely.
  13. T

Looks like even the basic package now gives all club parameters but only 2D range and no simulation, price also up from 99 to 249. Silver at 499 seems similar to Gold but fewer # of players / sessions / etc allowed for saving. For me this makes the subscription model even more attractive...
  14. T

The Mental Game and Management: What are you doing to improve?

Presence and patience. Accepting the outcome and if I'm in a bad spot have the mental fortitude of playing for bogey instead of trying the hero shot. Not getting down on myself even if I start with a double, take pride in grinding out a decent score on the days you don't quite have it. I...
  15. T

I'm hoping if they increase the sub price when Play is available that they would also have a "range only - full data" option at a lower rate than current gold. If not I agree that un-lock would be something I'd look at, especially if they would do another 1k off campaign.
Back