Recent content by Trevor68

1. T

Proper release

Background: I am a pretty bad player who has been playing for 10 years. Close to a 20 handicap currently. My big miss has always been a Pull or a Pull Hook. I understand why they happen (out to in swing with a face that is square to THAT path), but have had a really hard time getting that...
  2. T

Help me build a great indoor studio

Hi, I am looking to build a great indoor Golf Studio in my garage that will keep me entertained for the next decade. I am hoping to keep the set up under $10k. After researching a bit, I am leaning towards the Uneekor QED. Seems to be more expensive than the meevo+ and SkyTrak but also more...
  3. T

Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

I know I am late to the party, but boy...what a club! I tried the standard epic flash at 10.5 and I am stunned with what I am seeing. Just to give you guys some background, I am 16 handicap with a SS in the low 90’s. Driver is usually my weakness. I have a OTT swing and I routinely hit pull...
  4. T

Grip’s effect on swing path

I was practicing at the range today and noticed that when i have a neutral or weak grip, my divots show an out to in path. However, when I strengthen the grip substantially, the path becomes pretty neutral without any conscious movement. Any idea why this happens?
  5. T

How do you internalize a swing?

I have always heard folks say that once you step into the course you should not think about the swing and just play. I love that statement. Unfortunately, if I attempt to do that, then we are talking about a good 6 hour round where I will be spending 50% of that time in the woods looking for my...
  6. T

Any simple swing method?

Has anyone ever found a simple swing method? I am looking a for a very simple swing that has just 3 moves that one has to focus on in orderto be consistent and straight. I dont care if it doesn’t generate a lot of distance. Any ideas? I will test them at the range and reply with outcomes.
  7. T

Sometimes less is more

I have been having a pretty poor golf year. Too much work and family stuff. I started playing 7 years ago and during my peak gold years I could play as much as twice a week. Now I am lucky to get out once a month. My long game has been particularly atrocious. I am a 15 handicap but haven’t shot...
  8. T

Proper release time?

For the longest time, everything I read told me that I should hold the release to “store” power. Following that advise, I have always battled pulling my shots. I had understood that If I released the club early, I would be casting and flipping which are bad. Yesterday, while practicing at the...
  9. T

Anyone try M4 vs Rogue Fairways?

What were your thoughts? Which won on center and off centered hits? Launch? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. T

Understanding driver loft up front implications

I have been told that I would get greater driver forgiveness if I loft up. I am trying to understand that concept. I usually contact every inch of the driver face (but the middle of course) so I am a high spin player to begin with, so whenever I loft up to 12 degrees or up, the ball goes...
  11. T

How to become a master of alignment?

I struggle with alignment due to poor swing mechanics. Without even knowing sometimes my body aligns one way and my clubhead another way. Has anyone successfully battled this issue and become decent at it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. T

Tempo and hitting impulse

For years, I have been battling with bad tempo. I usually have trouble getting anywhere set before I lightning jolts my body and I am swinging away. If I get stiff or nervous, it gets even worse. I have been working really hard at the range trying to wait for my hands to get set at the top...
  13. T

Smashing it without regard at the range

I went to the range with the goal of working on my game. Unfortunately, I was hitting it specially bad today (even for a 16hcp)! So I decided to just smash about 100 balls with my driver without any regard to direction or tempo. Just going all out and all over the place. Even though it had zero...
  14. T

Tried jumbo grips today!

I have average sized hands and have used standard grips for years. A few years ago I decided to try midsize grips and really liked them. Recently, I decided to strengthen my grip and wondered if a jumbo grip would go along with that modification so I took an old iron and had it regripped at...
  15. T

Grip and Path question

I tend to prefer a neutral grip because it feels "safer" since my bad shots end up playable. In addition, I usually have a moderate out to in path (I am a 16hcp). However, I have been playing around with the grip while practicing outdoors and also with flight monitors and have noticed that...
Back