Recent content by TrueMotionMatt

1. TrueMotionMatt

Feeling completely hopeless - over-the-top swing

The simplest explanation is that you're coming in steep with an open face, and you can't rotate or you'll hit it straight right. The throw and thrust is the only way to square up the face. Fix the steep, don't pull on the handle down, then fix the face, and then go super slow to learn how to...
  2. TrueMotionMatt

Bobby Jones Swing Would Be Discouraged Today

I dunno, looks pretty solid to me...🤷‍♂️ It's athletic, love it Big turn back creates a ton of power, love it Across the line at the top ain't no big deal, and creates speed, love it His pivot down is sick, love it He opens his chest and keeps turning through (no flip release), love it
  3. TrueMotionMatt

Offseason work with TrueMotionGolf

Jim, you can also put a pool noodle on that trail arm to help keep it straight and give you the width you need.
  4. TrueMotionMatt

Making swing changes while also playing

Play golf when you're playing golf; have ONE technical thought...feel that thought, stop thinking about it...make sure you can feel it (quickly) pick a target, then stop thinking focus on the target and just swing.
  5. TrueMotionMatt

Question regarding reverse affect of grip change!

Tough to say, but strengthening grip will shut the face and force you as @WILDTHING mentions to be less flippy. Lots of Buuuuts... But if you’re stuck and slide then you’ll block it. If you stick with it you’ll figure out how to time the flip, but probably best to post a video to see what’s...
  6. TrueMotionMatt

Need help with hip turn on back swing

And I would strongly discourage you from messing with what he’s saying is too strong a grip. Lots of successful tour pros who have strong to very strong grips would suggest it’s quite beneficial. Having a “strong” grip allows for less face manipulation and better rotation; which you will need if...
  7. TrueMotionMatt

Need help with hip turn on back swing

If you’re weight is on your toes you have zero chance of getting any depth. I’d check your SetUp first to see where you’re at. 99% of backswing issues happen because of a poor Setup that restricts turn. Post a video and I’ll let u know. Matt
  8. TrueMotionMatt

Online golf instruction

He’s Entertaining for sure; not sure he’s gonna make you better though 🙅‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  9. TrueMotionMatt

tips for overcoming 'hit impulse?

Okay Boss, @spindrift99 when your in your home range use this drill.
  10. TrueMotionMatt

Hitting Low Irons

I’d say stick with hybrids unless you want to work on your swing and fix your low point control and consistency.
  11. TrueMotionMatt

Hitting Low Irons

Yep just a wider stance but basically same spot.
  12. TrueMotionMatt

Video Short game: Malaska vs Mickelson

That’s just part of one video. 😉
  13. TrueMotionMatt

Taylormade rough situations

This should clear up any questions: if you keep it in the bunk, 1-stroke, if you take it outside 2-strokes (from USGA site)
  14. TrueMotionMatt

Hitting Low Irons

Ball position shouldn't change for irons, it sounds like the consistency of strike or as @Chef23 nailed, speed. You should be hitting down on all irons and if you have enough speed through the fairway woods. Let's see the swing of a short iron and long iron so we can see what's happening.
  15. TrueMotionMatt

tips for overcoming 'hit impulse?

We use Freezers and your legs to start the downswing...over time, the hit impulse will slowly go away. Also, hitting balls indoors without reacting to where the ball goes is key... You also have to video your swing and make sure you're swinging correctly indoors. The hit comes from caring...
Back