Recent content by Twists

1. T

Callaway UW vs Cleveland HyWood

Is anyone playing the 17° Callaway UW?
  2. T

Maybe let me ask differently. Would the 17° UW be an (easier, if shorter) option to replace a 3-wood (for a long-rolling second ball on a par 5, or off the tee)? 10.5° Driver - 17° UW - 17.5° 5W (turned down)? Intuitively, I would think the 17° UW with a shorter shaft should be shorter than my...
  3. T

Oh, I have read some reviews comparing the flight of the 17° to a driving iron? Edit: And/Or compare it to a 3-wood in terms of distance, launch and spin?
  4. T

Has anyone tried both and could provide some input? It seems that the HyWood is more of a high-launching / high-spinning option, that - despite 18° - may be comparable to a 7 wood in distance, while the 17° UW seems to be a low-launching, low-spin option, that could go more towards a 3 or 4...
  5. T

G425 Wood / Hybrid distances

Did someone compare the G425 woods and hybrids distances? I've had a few sessions now and the tables on the Ping website don't seem to work out. Based on the website, the 3-Hybrid should be comparable to the 7-Wood, but I actually seem to hit it longer than the 5-wood. 5-wood would be...
  6. T

SuperStroke putter tube

*revive* Is there anything like this still available today?
  7. T

Mizuno ES21 Wedge Review

Easier living in Singapore :)
  8. T

Mizuno ES21 Wedge Review

I bought 50• and 56• in Japan, and just ordered a 60• from the US...
  9. T

Mizuno ES21 Wedge Review

Which one are you referring to? The HM has too much offset..
  10. T

Mizuno ES21 Wedge Review

No GW for HM Pro :(
  11. T

Mizuno ES21 Wedge Review

What do you use for a gap wedge with these, since they only start at 54?
  12. T

Switch from iron to hybrid - rationale?

Well, I am talking about the "less commonly used" hybrids. My current bag below - the clubs I am unsure about are 6-iron vs. a 6-hybrid, and 3-hybrid vs. a 7-wood.
  13. T

The biggest difference I see in numbers is really height and landing angle.. I like the higher angle of the hybrid (for dry greens), but dislike the height for windy days. I wish I could bag both...
  14. T

The Ping G425 hybrids are causing somewhat of a problem for me - I can't choose what to play. I hit my Mizuno irons down to 6 around the same carry distance as the equivalent G425 hybrids, and I enjoy hitting both... Distance gapping is fine, so I am looking at secondary numbers. What would be...
  15. T

Ping G425 Hybrids

Played Sim Max and didnt think twice about switching when I tried the Ping G 425. Sooo much straighter for me, its not even funny. (Playing the JDM with lighter shafts...)
Back