Recent content by TwoStepsUp

1. TwoStepsUp

COSTCO and MGI Quad Navigator

Hope I'm not asking an old question, but I don't find it anywhere else - is the wider front wheelset on the Costco version a big advantage? I don't think the extra accessories would have that much value to me, so it looks like basically $250 for some increased stability (including the Golf...
  2. TwoStepsUp

Is Your Course Still Taking Covid-19 Precautions ?

I guess you could call it precautions. All the city courses are closed.
  3. TwoStepsUp

Modern clubs that are super SGI?

I would have been able to join the parade if those clubs hadn't been in my bag when it was stolen last summer. :(
  4. TwoStepsUp

America vs. Canada - Who's Better?

Fixed that for you. Dunkin Donuts is not much of a thing down here.
  5. TwoStepsUp

What's The Oldest Golf Course In Your Neck Of The Woods?

Them's fighting words! :rolleyes: The little 9 hole muni a block from my house has a similar claim. IIRC, it's called the oldest continually operated public course West of the Mississippi. I drive by the sign every day, but can't recall the exact year. I think it's 1900. This link...
  6. TwoStepsUp

Things you hate (or strongly dislike)

I'm with you on Brussel sprouts. 10 years ago, they would have been on my hate list. I have learned to appreciate them. Had a pizza with brussel sprouts Saturday night. 180 out on going barefoot. I love to be free of shoes - maybe it has to do with growing up in the country.
  7. TwoStepsUp

Let’s Talk Wedge Usage

My situation is similar. A year ago I would use the gap wedge for most everything from 100 down to 50 or so. I have been working hard on moving the low point forward with my shorter clubs and now feel much more confident that I won't hit them 120% of the height and 60% of the distance (or 60%...
  8. TwoStepsUp

Your Putter Value (Opinion)

I am the opposite of Jman. I have one putter at a time, and have always bought them used. My current putter is an Odyssey that was probably $300 new. I got it for $90, though I did just put a new $30 grip on it last night. Is it the best putter for me? Probably not, but I am not convinced...
  9. TwoStepsUp

12 Point improvement in Handicap in 15 months

Great work! You went from a best-ever round of 100 to half of your rounds being 94 or better. As I am sure you know, golf is a WHOLE lot more fun at 94 than at 104
  10. TwoStepsUp

New Guy Here from Texas

Welcome! Whereabouts in West Central Texas? Fredericksburg? San Angelo? What clubs did you play in Austin back in the day? I might have seen you 30 years ago.
  11. TwoStepsUp

Eye Opening Experience.....Driver Fitting

I love reading about these successful club fittings. My own experiences have been more variable. No matter how good the fitter, he can only work with the swing I have on that day and that hour. For me, this hasn't always been the same as the swing I might have a week or a month later. And I...
  12. TwoStepsUp

CONTEST Paradise Week: Day 3: PING G410 Plus Driver

I want the variable weight to balance out my variable swing. :rolleyes:
  13. TwoStepsUp

Which golf announcers do you miss/not miss/like/don't like?

I liked Johnny Miller before he got old and cranky. His last 5 years were not good. Before that, it was refreshing to hear someone call the players out. HATE Gary McCord with a passion. He can ruin a telecast for me. Like Feherty, but can understand those who don't. Two thumbs down on...
  14. TwoStepsUp

CONTEST Paradise Week: Day 2: Mizuno ST190 Fairway Wood

I have never tried a Mizuno fairway wood. I used to run marathons in Mizuno shoes, but that probably doesn't count. My golf game these days ....
Back