Recent content by TXseve

1. T

Grip Tape Application: Spiral Wrap or Straight

Spiral, less tape, less solvent, never get grip stuck... this isn't rocket science... how much easier a thing is it to put tape on?? and have folks worrying about overlap seams and/or tucking it in end??? how many use water and air pressure in end of grip hole?
  2. T

Do You Regrip Your Own Clubs?

42 yrs... recommend using a cup and small funnel to manage pouring the solvent into the grip with tee in end and pouring/catching solvent poured over the shaft tape... old grip pieces holding shaft in vise... among other things
  3. T

Swing Weight Scale

One can't really tell a half point difference and probably not 1 point... once you find the right swing weight with lead tape or tip weights or whatever, you just build consistent with your scale... nothing sacred about C9 or D3 or whatever... D2.65 is closer to D2.5 than D3 but you probably...
  4. T

WTB: Regular flex iron shafts

Should experiment with graphite shafts with a fitter... as sr. golfer, I just got into lightweight MMT 70's from some RIP 95/110's, been in graphite for 7 years, never going back to steel
  5. T

Grip Size and Swing Speed

Haven't looked for any videos on this question... but there's probably something out there on Youtube somewhere, cause folks have to justify using/having their flight monitors to answer all questions !
  6. T

Grip Size and Swing Speed

Per my recent experience, only if the grip size allows you to hold onto the club lighter or with less stress in the ol hands. I got into a new Ventus Red shaft for my driver and have also picked up some yardage and have less errant shots on slight mishits... I tried a Golf Pride MCC Reg...
  7. T

Fitting Question: Surprising results?

Did results of proposed builds give actual lengths? were you gripping end of club? Or do you bend over a lot or have long arms? I'm 6'-2" and play +1", so my 7 iron measures 38.5", nice to have some extra length for non-flat lies ... but you don't need to use it, eh?
  8. T

Launch angles.

easier to hit down on it, stinger style when pressure is on :cool:
  9. T

Launch angles.

RPPsychic, looks like your smash factor for 9-SW is hurting you???
  10. T

Three Minute Thursday: Simple Grip Replacement

Been regripping for decades, and biggest discovery was you don't need full tape coverage... using two sided 3/4 inch tape spiral wrapped around at ~45 degree angle which leaves some gap works just fine (holds some solvent) and never lets grip get stuck... if building up multi layers of masking...
  11. T

How often do you get fitted?

Twice in 20 years (for two sets of new irons, Titleist & Mizuno), but get loft and lie checked every fall... most recent fitting helped big time with iron shaft selection... where else you gonna go to really try out all the modern options and get baseline specs recorded?
  12. T

Graphite shafts in wedges

Just changed my old RIP 95's in MP-60 irons (5-PW) to MMT 70's to better fit current old man swing after a recent fitting and had my vintage 53 & 60 degree Cleveland wedges with Rifle wedge flex shafts as only remaining steel (except putter)... but had two extra wedge length MMT shafts from the...
  13. T

I’m getting fit!

Did a fitting last month and spent 3 hours for driver, hybrids, irons, & putter! Hadn't done such for 20 years... tips: 1. Did get tiring, stay hydrated, and take breaks! 2. I did small range session before appointment, hitting through bag, just to warm up muscles 3. I trust you've chosen...
  14. T

TXSeve, getting deeper into THP Mix

Yep, Bingo...Squirrel Hill tunnel. Also small world theory continues... my Aunt Roz & Uncle Dave lived in Johnstown, i think he ran the Firestone Dealership! Thanks Steve
  15. T

TXSeve, getting deeper into THP Mix

How do I do that? I see a thread on Morgan Cup teams?? Looks like the Albatross Club is first order of business :cool:
Back