Recent content by Ty_Webb

1. Ty_Webb

An interesting video on youtube

I thought people might be interested to see this. It shows what happens when a golf ball (a real one) hits a steel plate at 150mph. I think it's fascinating. 00I2uXDxbaE Apparently the USGA put this together to make a point.
  2. Ty_Webb

Public courses in the Orlando area

Hi all, My parents are coming over to Orlando in November and I'm going to go join them. We'll be looking to play plenty of golf while they're there and I'm after some suggestions for good courses in and around Orlando. I have Orange County National on my list and may also try get on one of...
  3. Ty_Webb

Quick question about height of the hands at the top of the backswing

Hi Andy, I had a lesson a couple of weeks ago and my pro told me to take the club back with just my right hand and get myself into what felt like a good position. Then he told me to put my left hand on the club without moving my right hand. It was extremely hard. It made me feel really tight in...
  4. Ty_Webb

Britain in a cold snap

I just saw this picture on the BBC's website. It's an amazing photo: BBC News - Frozen Britain seen from above
  5. Ty_Webb

Set up question

Hi Andy Appreciate your help in here, so thanks in advance. Question for you: I played a couple of weeks ago and played really well. Hit a lot of greens and the only fairway I missed by more than a yard was one I meant to miss (different fairway offered a safer option and better angle at the...
  6. Ty_Webb

APOD

One of my favourite sites is the nasa APOD one. It's "Astronomy Picture Of the Day" and every day they show a different picture of something astronomy related. Today's is pretty special: Easter Island I think my all-time favourites are: The Helix Nebula and The Hubble Ultra Deep Field. The...
  7. Ty_Webb

Quick question about lie angles

Hi I have noticed that a lot of the time, my divots don't start in a square line. They start on the toe side. Picture below: Like this: ._____________________ |____________________/ |___________________/ |__________________/ |_________________/ where I might expect it to look...
  8. Ty_Webb

Thoughts on changing up the PGA Tour

I was thinking about this in another thread and thought it warranted its own. What do you think to the idea of the PGA Tour making only those players who make it to the Tour Championship exempt for the following year? You could have Q School each year play for 120 spots instead of just 40 (or...
Back