Recent content by U_of_Bucky

1. U_of_Bucky

The Pets Thread

Wired Haired Vizslas, Pointing machines, crazy good family dogs. They are family .
  2. U_of_Bucky

Best Concert seats you ever had?

Allman Brothers, Minneapolis, standing by the front of the stage edge. Mush pit area first row. Frank Zappa, Eau Claire, the right center of stage edge. A young John Denver was the warm-up act. He played three songs. Got up and committed, "Guess you guys are not into this", and left.
  3. U_of_Bucky

Bird Watching

Deer hunting while sitting on a fallen tree I had a Horned Owl fly seemingly right at my face. He/She perched on a branch just above my left shoulder. Awesome bird!
  4. U_of_Bucky

BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

bear mountain
  5. U_of_Bucky

Underrated Movies

Escanaba in the Moonlight Jeff Bridges
  6. U_of_Bucky

Training aid flavor

orange whip knockoff. Great for tempo and staying "connected"
  7. U_of_Bucky

Hickory Stick tournament

Kool tourney. I have two sets of playable hickory sticks, circa 1920 thru the 1930s. H&B Grand Slams. Spot on description of ball flight and spin. And bunker shots. no bounce! you can shave with a niblick leading edge. Tempo is the key. Putting is kinda fun too. With the hickory putter, I...
  8. U_of_Bucky

Your rarest golf collectible...???

A playable set of H&B Grand Slam hickory iron. circa 1930 commemorating Bobby Jones's grand slam of the majors. FUN TO PLAY
  9. U_of_Bucky

Movie Quotes Fans Know

Why did they hang him so high? I do not know. Maybe to make him deader
  10. U_of_Bucky

Movie Quotes Fans Know

We are going to need a bigger boat!
  11. U_of_Bucky

Hunting - (Warning graphic photos inside)

Where? Cental Wisconsin golfer. Adams Friendship.
  12. U_of_Bucky

Favorite Baseball Player Of All Time

Yes!! The "say hey kid" is what baseball is all about.
  13. U_of_Bucky

Favorite Candy Bar

Not Candy bar. Semi-sweet Wilbur Chocolate Buds.
  14. U_of_Bucky

Oldest club in bag..?

H&B Bobby Jones hickory Gland Slam set. 1930 was the date of his first Slam. So I venture the clubs were made around 1931-1933? The modern set is a Taylormade R7 TP driver. Paired with a Gallafory Red ProLaaunch the 9.5-degree driver is still the one. Occasionally, when I am on very slick...
  15. U_of_Bucky

BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

packer briskets I have done as one piece. If I am going to go for some burnt ends I have cut a portion of the point off after 165 temperature internal. Wrap the rest of the brisket in butcher paper and smoke to 205 or done by feel. Cut the reserved burnt ends into 1 x1 cube. Smoke on grill...
Back