Recent content by usaf_giles

1. usaf_giles

The Masters is just printing money

Like I said, it's a strange setup. Two sides of the property are surrounded by not great areas, and then one side is washington rd (strip mall city) but then one side is "Old Augusta" which has probably some of the priciest houses in the area.
  2. usaf_giles

Yea, no resident discount. :ROFLMAO:
  3. usaf_giles

quite a wide range there, but right around the national is difficult to see on a map without knowing the area. you'll see sections around 150k but likely either need a lot of work or not in a great area. Then three blocks away something that's 2.25m. It's a strange old area.
  4. usaf_giles

A lot depends on location and ammenities, number of beds and the like but anywhere from 15-100k for the week. I don't know anyone personally that gets less than 25.
  5. usaf_giles

I turned down a Masters ticket-am I crazy?

It's funny, but practice rounds are harder to come by around here than the tournament rounds. Not sure why, but I always have people asking for practice round badges and have a tough time finding them.
  6. usaf_giles

Rypstick

Just did my first session with this yesterday, and although I feel like I'm in decent shape, pretty sore today. Only complaint is the sound. I get the point of it, but it sure aggravates the wife.
  7. usaf_giles

How much are your yearly Golf Membership dues?

$4500 a year or so, doesn't include carts but unlimited range/practice facility access. Not too bad.
  8. usaf_giles

WINNER Congrats You Just Won a Free Trip and Fitting

Awesome. Congrats guys. Nothing like a THP experience, especially the first. Some of my fondest golf memories.
  9. usaf_giles

You don't want to know what we rent out our house for the week. I'm walking distance to the national, but still. People factor that into their mortgage when they buy houses around here.
  10. usaf_giles

Nothing in this city makes sense for that week. Don't try to rationalize, lol.
  11. usaf_giles

Has PXG Arrived?

I don't think you can look at just layoffs and assume it is failing, unless you also think google and amazon are "failing". I think it is more trimming fat following the rapid growth during the pandemic years. Who knows what PXG will be in 5 years, or if they will be around, but a lof of...
  12. usaf_giles

Has PXG Arrived?

Maybe... but what is survive? Are they going to compete with the sales numbers of the other big guys, no, but is that their goal? They may want to be a niche, premium, DTC product, selling only in their own stores.
Back