Recent content by vgolfman

1. vgolfman

2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

It looks a little funky but plays oh so smooooottttthhhhhhh. Still in my bag.
  2. vgolfman

Callaway Distance Fitting

That sounds like the best possible solution. Good luck and HAVE FUN!!
  3. vgolfman

The Official Banter Away Thread

Pepsi Zero and even Diet Pepsi are an acceptable (but still not nearly as good - not even close) substitutes in a restaurant if I'm dying for caffeinated, carbonated beverage with a meal. Diet Coke is still awful and never acceptable, under any circumstances. And I would NEVER purchase a...
  4. vgolfman

Callaway Distance Fitting

Distance Fitting is our effort to fit those who can't get to a fitter (typically due to living in a more remote area) or someone who is still reluctant to get fit in person. It is a phone interview where our fitters ask questions, take all of the inputs/feedback/data you have and make our best...
  5. vgolfman

Poll - What type of fitting(s) are you getting / did you already get in 2024?

Is Full Bag the same as All of the Above? Asking for a friend. ;)
  6. vgolfman

Putter Lie Angle

A loft of 26* and a lie angle that is off by 2* changes the face angle by about 1*. The higher the loft, the more effective face angle/start line changes. Example, the least effect is on putter, then driver.... the most would be on wedges.
  7. vgolfman

Putter Lie Angle

Great question. If you make me pick a single, most important thing, I'd say alignment accuracy/consistency. Other things that matter a lot, in no particular order... length, loft, grip, head weight, shaft and loft. Things that matter a little... lie and how cool the head cover is.
  8. vgolfman

Putter Lie Angle

9. vgolfman

Putter Lie Angle

The loft is NOT changing. Only the lie angle. As the lie goes up/down the face starts to point left/right. Most people are aware of this correlation on irons (see examples below), which is very important to start line and ball flight curvature in an iron fitting. Too many people then...
  10. vgolfman

Putter Lie Angle

Just posted this on the tweeter machine and thought it could lead to an interesting discussion on the THP forum so... I'll me monitoring (lurking?) and will try to answer any follow up questions, but preference will be giving to tweeted questions. ;)
  11. vgolfman

Same shaft in driver and fairway wood?

Same shaft in driver and fairway wood, either the same weight or 10g in the fairway, is a very, Very, VERY safe play, assuming you love the shaft in the driver. Order with confidence!
  12. vgolfman

Driver Shaft flex vs. Swing Speed

Swing speed is a good, basic starting point for shaft fitting. But that's about it... a starting point. Speed and impact consistency should be the main two factors, with feel being third, for a shaft fitting.
  13. vgolfman

Driver Shaft flex vs. Swing Speed

Love this! Though I would argue speed & centeredness of impact are 1a/b. One caveat though on 2... One player's "can't miss left" shaft (or at least helps to minimize a miss) may be another "can't miss right" shaft. Yes, the exact same shaft, but the opposite for different players, based on...
  14. vgolfman

Your Job is Getting 1%

Answering a question with a question... Have you won any state or national lotteries lately?
Back