Recent content by vman

1. V

Do you care about cuts in pro golf?

Cuts make sense, it’s competition and it drives the motivation to succeed.
  2. V

How much LIV have you watched?

I’ve watched quite a bit. The golf coverage is good. The commentary is SO pro Liv it gets a bit over the top and cringeworthy. The music makes no sense to me. The team element doesn’t bring anything in terms of interest or enjoyment for me personally. I couldn’t care less which teams are which...
  3. V

Is the inside heel first thing to wear out in your golf shoe?

I had 3 pairs of Pumas wear within a couple of months. I never even look at Puma now.
  4. V

New level golf instagram post

Chez Reavie’s NL 480mc irons look nice tho’.
  5. V

Will Zalatoris Switches Putters....Warning: Graphic Material

He’s like the human Revealer.;)
  6. V

SeeMore Putters Thread

I’ve used a Seemore putter on and off since the 90’s. Had many different models, fgp’s, PTM1’s, mfgp’s, M1, M2, Deep Flanges, always loved the rectangular shape and the riflescope but moved away from them over the last 2-3 years. Anyway, happy to say I’m back, and hopefully to stay, with the...
  7. V

Golf glasses lens colour

Not a fan of Oakley Prizm Golf, too much Rose base and too bright. Dark Golf however are much better, more soothing colour and great contrast, more like the original G30's which were my favourite golf lens.
  8. V

How do you approach someone about their slow play?

This is a difficult one without causing friction or bad feeling during a round. I did ask someone once why they took 3 practise swings before every shot. He said he didn't realise he did. I mean he took his time over each one, getting settled before the practise swing....it was a form of...
  9. V

What SIZE grip do you play?

Jumbomax Tour Series S/O
  10. V

Putter Grips, what's your preference?

Golf Pride Players Wrap.
  11. V

Teardrop, remember that putter?

The old Teardrop roll face. That's an early model, I had a couple of those, they were quite heavy, around the 345/350 gram head weight.
  12. V

Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

To me the 565's have a powerful sound/feel, not clicky or harsh but not soft either. Anyway, I play them with Steelfiber i95 and the ZX5 feel/sound very similar which I like. I'm a little different as I prefer them to the ZX7 which, however, do sound/feel softer or quieter.
  13. V

Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

I've been using Z565 for a few years, gave the Z585's a miss, but these ZX5 look and feel amazing. Tested them with Steelfiber i95's. Could be good for a combo ZX5 4-7, ZX7 8-P.
  14. V

Finger Down the Shaft

One of the best putters I've ever seen, Mark McNulty, did this with both his right and left hand.
  15. V

Anchoring, my view

To me it seems that the arm lock is a fixed and anchored stroke. The putter is locked in such a position as the whole arm, shoulder and club form a machine like unit. At least with the long stick it has to be unanchored for it to be legal. I don't like either strokes but it'll take a few Major...
Back