Recent content by Vortex

1. V

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

Thanks for sharing. I recently completed a similar exercise with a wealth management firm. It started with a 20-25 minute discussion about the big picture. I shared my investing experience, estimated assets/debts, and provided general retirement thoughts about lifestyle. The firm followed up...
  2. V

purdue university boilermaker courses

Temporary guest restrictions on Kampen are due to the new clubhouse and road construction project. Course update: Due to limited access and parking, the Kampen-Cosler Course will be limited to BBGC Members and members of the Purdue Golf Teams until further notice. Guest play on Kampen-Cosler...
  3. V

2023 - 2024 College Basketball Thread

Hats off to UConn for making us one-dimensional (inside only versus inside/outside) but Purdue will be okay. Jaden Ivey arrived with Zach. Just imagine if he played on this team instead of going 5th in the NBA draft after his sophomore year. Oh well, Painter is landing team guys with talent...
  4. V

I also didn't know he was a Buddhist. Article mentions hockey as the reason for pausing before making a decision. “In hockey, there’s a 24-hour rule,” Julia explains. “If you’re upset because of something that’s happened, do not go to the coach for 24 hours. Just don’t do it. I told Zach, ‘I...
  5. V

Please keep sending people like Drew Brees and Zach Edey to Purdue! :) Both are top notch people. Purdue has a 7'2" guy on the bench and a 7'3" incoming HS recruit.
  6. V

@baylrballa - here are snippets about Baylor from a Gold and Black Illustrated article that published today (On3 Purdue coverage). Long article with some positive words about Baylor. Julia is Zach's mom. Julia traveled from Toronto, and Steve Lutz, one of Painter’s assistants, was waiting...
  7. V

Post a picture of your day

Flying from ATL to Fort Myers and a guy has a Great Dane “service dog” . I like dogs and even had a Dane as a teenager. Another passenger asked the owner what kind of service dog? The guy stammers before saying the dog calms his mom. He told me earlier it was his dog. Nice guy but…...
  8. V

Vortex Golf

I'm available to be a spokesman for this product. :)
  9. V

Shogun - FX series

Minority opinion. Watched E1 last night. Love the genre and the show is better than average, just not great...yet.
  10. V

Stock Market & Retirement Planning

Nvidia continues to be a wild ride. My investment is up over 1,300%. I may pull the initial investment off the table and then let it ride for the foreseeable future. Fully appreciate current valuation is difficult to justify.
  11. V

How many polos do you own?

It's a weakness. I had around 70 last summer and decided to eliminate a few sun damaged polos. The total is probably higher now. Added a lot of sweet prints in the last few months.
  12. V

Marathon Training

Track workouts??? Do you have a speed plan? I had great success alternating 400 repeats one week and mile repeats the next. Last track workout is ~3 weeks before the marathon. 12 x 1-mile repeats. Sounds daunting but it's awesome.
  13. V

R.I.P. Puttin4Bird

Wishing Jake eternal peace and joy in heaven. September 2018.
  14. V

The GHIN Soft Cap

Your max is 10.9 until May 2024.
  15. V

The GHIN Soft Cap

Hope your next stop isn't the dreaded hard cap. My MN 6.1 turned into a FL 11.1 in ~3 months. Dang Bermuda grass and gusty winds. Oh well, the goal is to be back in single digits by end of March. Good luck!!!
Back