Recent content by wadesworld

1. wadesworld

How many dividers in your golf bag?

14-slot bags drive me crazy. Even though you only took 1 club out and there's only 1 slot open, you can never seem to find it. I love a 7-way bag.
  2. wadesworld

I am Freaking Out. Talk me off the cliff.

It can be just mechanics. If you started swinging with the arms and aren't getting a good wrist hinge and release, you're going to lose a ton of speed.
  3. wadesworld

Gift for a New Boatowner

How about a Powerboat course? https://www.uspowerboating.com/courses/
  4. wadesworld

Do you use the bump and run?

I try to keep the ball as close to the ground as possible, so yes. If the situation allows, I'll certainly use a bump-and-run.
  5. wadesworld

Tag a THPer

Heya Dan. Hope all is well!
  6. wadesworld

Tag a THPer

@Hamfist @DucatiGirl
  7. wadesworld

Pecans - how do you say it?

Puh-Cons grow in the south. Southerners know how to pronounce it. Puh-Cons. Just like you never stop for boiled peanuts unless the sign says "Boiled P-Nuts."
  8. wadesworld

How often do you play the lottery?

Powerball and Megamillions. Two quick picks on each, no powerplays. I only play when I think about it, so maybe once a month.
  9. wadesworld

Nashville Explosion

Yeah AT&T has two different facilities on 2nd Ave - at the AT&T building and the former BellSouth Central Office.
  10. wadesworld

Best (or your favorite) 3 Man Rock Band?

Rush. Absolutely. This is my absolute favorite Rush video. They're so relaxed, having so much fun, and as always, so incredibly tight. I don't care if you don't care for Rush, if you can't appreciate the musicianship in this video, there's no hope for you. This has to be one of the best...
  11. wadesworld

Something About You

I am likely the only forum member who holds qualification to drive a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier. For those who were tech geeks back in the day. I interned at MacWeek Magazine and still have issues that have my byline in them.
  12. wadesworld

USGA/R&A is Bad For Golf: True or False

I'm likely one of the few people that have actually been around rules people from the USGA & PGA. I can assure you they love the game of golf, love golfers, and want to see it grow. However, they also feel a duty to preserve the great history of the game and its core principles. One of those...
  13. wadesworld

Educate Me On Spin?

A lot of amateurs think super-low spin is what you want with the driver, so they play a low-spin ball and a low-spin model driver. However, I've heard it said by Callaway's fitters that most amateurs likely need more spin, not less. With too little spin, the ball can't climb. The people who...
  14. wadesworld

What is Holding You Back?

Simply a lack of practice and playing is holding me back. I can shoot consistently in the 80's (or low 90's on a bad day), but to get to the next level of being able to get into the 70's with any regularity, it's going to take more focused practice and lots more playing time. Unfortunately...
  15. wadesworld

As a beginner, what should I look for in a golf coach?

Personality and general agreement in philosophy are important. If you're a feel player for example, you might not get along well with a coach that's overly technical, or vice-versa. The challenge I've had with some instructors is they can diagnose my flaws correctly, but they don't always...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in