Recent content by wedgegame

1. wedgegame

Ping S159 Wedges

How is the H grind out of the bunker? About to pull the trigger and a set 46s ,50s, 54h, 58h. Trying to decide on the grind for the 54 and 58. Currently I use a Mizuno T22 58.4 for bunkers and I feel I would be better served with a little more bounce.
  2. wedgegame

You have to play one brand of clubs... who are you going with?

Titleist then Ping. Cobra could be number 1 if they upped there wedge offerings.
  3. wedgegame

SeeMore Putters Thread

Mini Giant DF is on the way, can't wait to try it out.
  4. wedgegame

SeeMore Putters Thread

I use a forward press as trigger to start the back swing, it's helped my tempo a lot. Consistent ball position hasn't really been an issue, I was more or less curious about what impact the press would have and what the putter is trying to do naturally.
  5. wedgegame

SeeMore Putters Thread

Thanks for this. I'm sold on the concept and in fact have my eye on a Mini Giant DF which led to this whole line of questions, so it was cool to see it in the video. I guess the core of my question would be how would the face react if you held the butt tee slight ahead of the tee supporting the...
  6. wedgegame

SeeMore Putters Thread

Yes, that's kind of why I was curious. I have used a center shafted, face balanced putter for awhile now and recently started using a small forward press as a trigger to initiate the back stoke. It's yielded good results for me, but seems like it would be fighting what the putter wants to do...
  7. wedgegame

SeeMore Putters Thread

@seemoreputters What is your take on forward press with center shafted face balanced putters?
  8. wedgegame

Buy 3 get 1 free ball deals - Looks like it's time!

I will say though, doesn't Titleist do a buy 3 get 1 free promo each year? The value proposition of the Srixon promos is what kept me in a Z-star, but if the price moves that much closer to Pro V1 territory might have to start looking elsewhere.
  9. wedgegame

Are these the same club?

I think the Haywood 100s are some of the best looking clubs out there. Love the milled sole look.
  10. wedgegame

Lamkin UTX Grips Review

Oof, that's rough. I was planning on re-gripping my irons alternating blue and green. My old stand by GolfPride MCCs have been great, but I have been getting the itch to try something new.
  11. wedgegame

Are these the same club?

I wouldn't be surprised if they shared very similar parents.... Still great looking clubs.
  12. wedgegame

Anyone anxious for an Adidas CodeChaos Update?

Makes sense on the comfort front, Ultraboosts are some of the best everyday shoes I have tried. Any concerns with the waterproofing?
  13. wedgegame

Ping S159 Wedges

Anyone compare the H and B grinds directly that could shed some insight on they play?
  14. wedgegame

Driver Shaft flex vs. Swing Speed

101, 60gram, S flex. That said, I've started doing some speed training and the difference in swing speed with the light speed stick has me thinking I should go as light as possible while maintaining feel and control.
  15. wedgegame

Who Is Using UST Mamiya LINQ Blue?

I have been loving this in my Mizuno ST-Z 230 hybrid, the custom color they did for Mizzy is killer too. I usually played a tensei orange in my hybrids.
Back