Recent content by weten2

1. W

Callaway Fairway Wood Recommendation

My Epic Max heavenwood is only 2 degrees weaker with a longer shaft than the 5w. At my swing speed I think the distance difference would be minimal. I’m thinking a 3w or 4w is needed.
  2. W

Callaway Fairway Wood Recommendation

Looking for the longest controllable Callaway fairway wood for this 73 yo, 90 SS, 15 hcp golfer. I just bought a new Rogue ST Max D driver (fantastic) and want to go with CCPO for an economical solution to a club that will only be used 3-5 times in a round. I love my Epic Max Heavenwood...
  3. W

The 60 and over Thread

Five years ago I learned about Yuengling! In a match play I was up 2 holes after nine. My opponent was tight and went to the clubhouse and picked up 3 Yuengling’s for the back nine. This 16 hcp shot a 38 and beat me on the 17th! You should try them before the 19th! Enjoy. Sent from my iPhone...
  4. W

Dri Tac 2.0 vs OG Dri Tac

I have very sweaty hands and arthritis and find Dri Tac works the best for me. I haven’t use 2.0 for any duration and wanted to see if anyone has played both extensively? In the store the 2.0 didn’t seem as grippy on my ungloved hand which was somewhat sweaty in the store.
  5. W

The 60 and over Thread

If you are needing a senior shaft you should try one of the lightweight drivers like Titleist TS1, Callaway Epic Max Star or XXIO. They will give most slower swingers more distance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. W

The 60 and over Thread

I had a frozen shoulder about 25 years ago and still have reoccurring pain. About 5 years ago I started get shoulder impingement and got PT for this. I believe this ie the result of a partially separated shoulder from wrestling. Old injuries continue to raise their ugly head like skin cancer...
  7. W

Is Whistling Straights worth the $$$?

To add to my post and following the Ryder Cup, the memories are worth it. I’m now retired and too cheap to do this again. It was fun seeing the course again and reliving it. I would recommend doing it with friends if at all possible. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. W

The 60 and over Thread

Keep a eye open for those cougars![emoji38] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. W

The 60 and over Thread

Driver pop ups can be from too steep of a swing. Try hitting more from inside on a shallower plane. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. W

The 60 and over Thread

I’ve been more down than up lately and starting to second guess entering in the my Super Senior Club Championship. Im not as fortunate as the guys who played on the high teams and had an early start. I started at 51 and still learning and adjusting. Two days ago I started going to a larger...
  11. W

Is Whistling Straights worth the $$$?

Couple thoughts: First do they still require a night stay at the American Club where it use to be $300/night? I was given a gift certificate for a portion and went as a trip with 3 other guys and had a memorable time; eating lunch in the neat clubhouse and watched the herd of sheep running the...
  12. W

Grip recommendations???

I have very sweaty hands and currently using Dri Tac with success however want to try a different feel. I didn’t do as well with MC or CP 2. The Pure DTX FELT TOO Harsh FOR ME. I’m currently looking at the ST+2 and Sticky and interested in your experience. I do like the feel of the Tour Wrap...
  13. W

The 60 and over Thread

JIMC Definitely go with graphite shafts eventually. They are easier on the arms and hands than steel due to less vibration and weight. Your will be able to play and hit balls more than with steel. Since you have new steel shaft irons you may want to look at Callaway Preowned for a slightly used...
  14. W

The 60 and over Thread

I’m in the same camp. Graphite 78g in irons and 95g Nippon in my 54 & 58 wedges. Highly regarded fitters recommend the wedges not be more than 15g heavier than irons. Many people who have gone to graphite iron shafts are using 65-70g iron shafts and over 120g in the wedges. That much difference...
  15. W

Which SuperStroke Are You?

I’m actually going to look for SS Pistol GT 1.0 in a different material. I’m not crazy about how the SS looks or feels in short time due to bag rubbing and inability to wash. Does anyone have a recommendation; GP SN..., . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back