Recent content by WILDTHING

1. WILDTHING

Let's talk about swing speed.

If you have the time , you could read this whole article on Dave Tutelman's website which provides many possible reasons for not getting distance on your strikes . One simple reason is not hitting the sweetspot (15 hcp golfers lose 30 yds on average) , so get a driver that fits you . I've...
  2. WILDTHING

Staying Connected in my golf swing

There are some golf instructors such as Mike Adams and Terry Rowles that have tests to decide what type of trail arm movements are 'natural' for the golfer. I'm not particularly convinced, but they will be publishing a detailed book in 6 months on how one can determine the biomechanical...
  3. WILDTHING

Gankas "That's how easy the golf swing is."

You wouldn't be looking at this stuff unless you wanted to use 3D data to try and improve your golf swing. The only reason I posted those graphs is to compare the facts with golf instructor opinions/feels. One thing I'm aware of is that there is a lot of pseudoscience being used by various golf...
  4. WILDTHING

With regards GG , here is another graph for 65 best tour pros showing lead and trail wrist movements . GG is promoting lead wrist bowing in the downswing. The graph is showing it's in extension at the top of the backswing (P4), but during the downswing, the lead wrist does progressively move...
  5. WILDTHING

I find Mike Malaska's instruction strange because he doesn't do what he's demonstrating in his own swing. Further , look at what he's doing with his trail forearm , does that make sense to you? Take a club and rotate your trail forearm (like he demonstrates) and see for yourself what it does...
  6. WILDTHING

Anyone utilize the Bobby Jones swing method?

There are opinions that Bobby Jones and others during that era swung nice and smoothly , without much acceleration of the club in the early downswing, because of the wooden shafts . For example , the modern swing techniques became prevalent once steel shafts came into play , where golfers found...
  7. WILDTHING

Left Wrist Flexion

Bowing the wrist might be a requirement to keep the club on the swing plane as the clubface is closed by the rotation of the lead forearm , but I don't think by itself will necessarily assist clubface closure. Actually, my statement above might be wrong as I was just using an old email I...
  8. WILDTHING

Left Wrist Flexion

Bowing the wrist opens the clubface relative to ball-target line in the late downswing. At the top of the backswing bowing the wrist closes the clubface relative to the swing plane , not closes it relative to the club path. Bowing the lead wrist also causes your grip pressure to weaken, so too...
  9. WILDTHING

Do you know what early extension looks like?

With regards AMG videos , many of them are pretty good , but others look a bit dodgy as if they are creating stuff just for marketing purposes. These 2 below are questionable from an accuracy standpoint.
  10. WILDTHING

Do you know what early extension looks like?

Imho, EE is not defined properly in the golf swing. 3D scientists claim EE happens when the centre of the pelvis moves too early towards the ball-target line. Most of the time, that pelvis thrust towards ball-target line happens in the backswing (ie. butt-cheeks off the tush line/wall). But...
  11. WILDTHING

Improving without shallowing

Phil Mickelson doesn't shallow the club much and his swing is mainly near the shoulder plane. Shallowing is an anti- OTT (over the top) move to help your clubhead path approach the ball from the inside of the ball-target line. The only problem with Phil Mickelson's swing is how late in the...
  12. WILDTHING

How do you chip?

I use the Shawn Clement way.
  13. WILDTHING

Correlation between swing speed and lag creation

If you can create the 'net' force (ie. the combined net resultant force applied via both your hands) across the grip of the golf club as shown below. Then you will be able to create the typical lag seen in most golf pros. The 'net' force is the continuous black arrow and I cannot tell you how...
  14. WILDTHING

I don't think MS is saying lag is bad but that golfers who are overly determined to get lag at all costs , probably mess up their overall swing. He has theorised that the 'feel' of not turning , creates a full shoulder turn , and the 'feel' of casting with the wrists during transition will...
  15. WILDTHING

It's the other way around, releasing the club early slows down your arm speed. The release of the club can be done in 3 ways : 1. You can actively uncock your wrists (like image below ) . 2. You can somehow create a net linear force across the club that will cause it to rotate like the...
Back