Recent content by Willie Malay

1. W

Fun summer of ho'in

Haven't bought a club in 5-6 years. Irons(KZG Z0) were 10-12 years old. Had a Ping G5 driver. This summer I've bought: -R11s driver -RBZ 3 wood -Cleveland CG-16 irons -Cleveland 588 wedge(only club I haven't liked so far) -Vokey 54°(46°...my bad) SM4 wedge. Love it! -ordered a Vokey 52° SM4...
  2. W

Vokey SM4 oil can vs. Cleveland 588 black pearl

I'll make this short. The Vokey feels like a wedge should feel. The Cleveland feels like a rock. It is nothing like the old 588s nor any other of the great wedges Cleveland has made. For shame Cleveland, for shame. I'll make someone a good deal on 48° 588. It has two rounds of golf on it and one...
  3. W

Maxfli C3 wedges anyone?

Dick's "house brand" wedge. How are they? I hit them in the cage and they felt surprisingly good.
  4. W

R11s review a couple months in

Had it for a couple months now. Pretty darn straight driver. S Phenom feels like a stiff+. Then again that would help make it straight. The open/closed settings: I've tried it from one end to the other and swear it doesn't make much difference. The only difference to me is it feels funny/weak at...
  5. W

5 handicap. Can I still play?

Not necessarily a hacker but I act that way. Does that help?
Back