Recent content by WLG1952

1. WLG1952

What did you shoot today?

Played 9 hole at the Weiser Idaho course. Nice little place. Shot a 44, with 15 putts. Tomorrow I will be playing in Wells, Nevada.
  2. WLG1952

Do/did you tip your fitter?

Didn't really tip him because he was also my swing instructor, and club builder. After a while I would buy lunch for us, and/or pay for green fees. We had a great mutual agreement.
  3. WLG1952

Your Favorite Practice Facility Amenity?

That's easy for me. Free use of hitting off real grass all year long. This while using my own gamer balls. My home course gives me the choice of 140 yards shots down to short putts in the same area. There's also a bunker for sand practice. Also a 4' high berm to practice the 4 uneven lies.
  4. WLG1952

How much golf does it take to burn you out?

Although I took an 8+ year break from golf, it wasn't due to my golf. Except for other things happening in my life, I've hit golf balls nearly everyday, year around, for the past 5 years. I'm not sure I could burn out playing/practicing my golf.
  5. WLG1952

Which Ball Would You Play?

If I could get those numbers, ball #1 for me, due to the dispersion, and carry distance numbers.
  6. WLG1952

Oldest Club In Your Bag?

You are probably right. Being retired I have no real concept of time past anymore.
  7. WLG1952

How does you salary look compared to this?

Yeah he makes more than me. A lot more. I'm retired. Even when I was working, I had employees who made more than I did.
  8. WLG1952

Oldest Club In Your Bag?

I always thought Nickent made quality, easy to hit clubs. If I hadn't settled in with Tour Edge, I would've went with Nickent clubs. It's too bad they went out of business.
  9. WLG1952

How much difference do your fitted clubs actually make?

Once I was properly fitted, my scoring improved quite a bit. I also continued to improve. My long time instructor was also a club builder, and fitter. He knew his stuff, and I was fortunate to find him. As I continued to improve, he would identify needed little tweaks, and adjust my clubs...
  10. WLG1952

Really random: which pocket?

When I wear gloves (2) I never take them off unless they get wet, or damaged. I carry 3 pairs in my bag for a just in case moment. Just never bought into the idea of "on, and off" scenario. I putt the same with, or without my gloves on. I wear two gloves mainly to protect my hands from...
  11. WLG1952

Feel vs Real

I've been playing long enough that for me, feel isn't real. Maybe when I take my Hogan blades for spin, and I hit the ball off the club's sweet spot, that feels pretty good. Like the hot knife through butter scenario. The only time I know I've made a good, or bad swing is the results of the...
  12. WLG1952

Oldest Club In Your Bag?

They're all old. You could take your pick. The bag I'm currently "road tripping" with, has a Nickent 4 wood in it. I think Nickent closed their doors 20+ years ago. Heck my putter I've been using for a few months is probably from the late 1990s, early 2000s.
  13. WLG1952

Wild night of NBA Playoff Basketball

I'm not much of a fan of today's NBA. I did however like watching the Nuggets game. The way they fought back protecting their house was entrtaining.
  14. WLG1952

Tiger vs. Scottie : Who had/has more competition?

It's my belief that anytime a player dominates a sport, their competition is weak. In his prime, Tiger dominated against full fields of competition. I always thought his competition felt that 2nd place was good enough. Scottie's competition is missing a few important pieces right now...
  15. WLG1952

Maxfli StraightFli - does it really fly straighter than other balls? Thank you!

I did my own testing, and I didn't see much, if any difference in ball flights when compared to the e6 ball I use. Also about the same as the Pinnacle Soft balls I use to practice with. Nothing against the Maxfli balls. If I had to, I'd use them.
Back