Recent content by WSHale

1. W

Choose Your Color

Slate for me - have a gray/slate bag boy revolver now and really like the looks.
  2. W

CONTEST Win a Trip and Fitting - Shaft Up #1 with UST Mamiya

Entry sent. Thank you for a great opportunity!
  3. W

ShotScope Update - WOW!

Is the update available for Android? I checked my phone today and Shot Scope doesn't register as available to update?
  4. W

CONTEST 2022 THP Holiday Cheer Day 2: Go Rogue

I switched to the Max earlier this season. Best upgrade to my bag in years. Good luck to all who are entering!
  5. W

Stressful Course Situations - What Is/Are Yours?

Really tight fairway lies of 60 yards and more. 70% chance or better I'm going to thin it over the green.
  6. W

CONTEST 2022 THP Holiday Cheer Day 1: Win New Irons

Great way to get into the holiday mood! I would be replacing my Callaway Apex CF16s.
  7. W

Leather Grips - Anyone still go this way?

Another Best Grips player here. I think they are a game changer here in Houston with the hot, humid summer days. The more moisture in the air (even rain) the tackier they get. The other thing I like is that they have been extremely durable. I've got them on my 2016 Callaway Apex Irons and...
  8. W

Super hypothetical: One major sports league has to shutter. You choose.

NBA by a mile. Can't watch, won't follow, don't care.
  9. W

Grip Poll

Best grips leather on most of my clubs due to their tackiness that works well here in Houston heat and humidity.
  10. W

Do You Use a Shoe Bag?

Nope - just throw my shoes in the back of the car when I'm done with the round or practice. I think my wife has gotten used to the smell!
  11. W

When the Putter Goes Cold?

I go to the putting green. For me, the mid round issues are almost always pace, not line. Time on the putting green tends to restore my feel and confidence (at least for a little while).
  12. W

Headcovers, on or off?

Driver off (it misbehaves if I put the cover on after each use). All others on unless I'm using them for that shot (they are better trained!).
  13. W

3 Mini Helmets?

Roger Staubach Troy Aikman Bob Lilly
  14. W

Single new/different club (or maybe ball?) that made the most impact on your handicap

For me it was moving to the new Callaway Max driver - I struggled for years with consistency off the tee. This has eliminated the penalty shots from OBs and increased my distance.
Back