Recent content by Wyzyguy

1. Wyzyguy

Laser Range Finder - Short Game Strategy

I have had a laser range finder for about 5 rounds or so this year. I have been shooting the pin and the front of the green.. Adding them and dividing by 2.. So if I have 90 to the pin and 75 to the front I have been playing for 82 carry. The greens have been firm and this has worked out pretty...
  2. Wyzyguy

Pitch Marks & Divot Repair

I am pretty consistent about fixing my pitch marks, raking bunkers and replace divots or sanding the divots when it makes sense. When I get to a green... Especially a short par 3 where the % of pitch marks goes up.... It drives me crazy when the golfers ahead of me do not fix them. Whats your...
  3. Wyzyguy

Time between last shot and pre shot routine

My pre shot routine is pretty consistent. I do not really take any more or less time over a shot unless it is a very unique lie or stance. With that said. Last year I had good success shifting out of golf between last shot & pre shot routine. My normal group are typically walkers and we have...
  4. Wyzyguy

Recommendation for club fitting in SouthEast Michigan or Northern Ohio

I am interested in going for a iron & woods fitting. Will not be changing putter or wedges. Doubt there will be a change in the woods either but would like to look into it. The 2 places my radar are: Carl's in Plymouth, MI Miles of Golf I am looking to be fit on a good monitor. TrackMan...
  5. Wyzyguy

BallQuake - So this happened!!

Good Bye Old Friend. I have had them crack but this sounded Wild!!!
  6. Wyzyguy

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Please see photo
  7. Wyzyguy

Game golf live - gps tracking - range finder - strokes gained - stats

While I am waiting for the new Game Golf Live GPS to arrive I thought I would start a thread to a begin talking about this. Even though it will probably be snowing when the gizmo gets here. Not the best of release dates but I should not complain too much... I currently use the GameGolf Classic...
  8. Wyzyguy

Favorite Course Played in 2015

Hello all, Had a chance to play Oakland Hills North Course on Saturday. Great weather and company. Really stayed focused on the task at hand so I did not take as many photos as I would have liked. The range was as nice as I could imagine a range to be. Pretty, Clean, Pro V1 practice balls. Rough...
  9. Wyzyguy

THP Newcomer

Hello, I am new and thought I would say hey! Just found this site yesterday. Live in Monroe county, work in Detroit and play all round the area.
Back