Recent content by Yenz

1. Y

G410 crossover vs Mizuno Fli-hi

Was looking at the fli-hi 3 and 4 irons but the g410 looks equally promising. Priority will be forgiveness. Anyone tried both? I would love to hear some views.
  2. Y

What’s your biggest distance gain due to equipment change

With OEMs boasting distance gains for every single club they churn out, I’m sure we are all rightly skeptics of these “gains”. Most of these gains are usually honeymoon periods (for me). I usually notice the increase in forgiveness, but not the distance gain. Furthermore I love shiny new clubs...
  3. Y

Fairway wood with same shaft length

Currently gaming epic 5 and 7 wood with same shaft length at 42 inches. i love my 5 wood at that length and recently added a 7 wood. Decided to shaft it at 42 inches as I was comfortable with that length and felt anything else is short. Both swingweight at D2. Anyone did the same?
  4. Y

Yenz Bridgestone bag

5. Y

Guess my favourite iron

I’m a certified club hoe. Initially I changed clubs thinking that it will help me play better. Now I know it’s just because I like shiny new things. Had a lot of fun trying them out although it was bad for me wallet. Some were bought new from shops, the rest were used clubs from eBay. Can anyone...
  6. Y

My struggles with Drivers and the solution (Perhaps)

It’s been 2 years since I played this game. Since day 1 I’ve struggled with the dreaded slice. On good days I can drive pretty straight averaging 220 yards. However good days are rare and I usually end up looking for my ball in the bushes or seeing my balls splash into the water. My fairway...
  7. Y

What gives you the most satisfaction in a Golf game

1) a Long straight drive 2) sinking a 12 feet putt 3) hitting a long iron shot and see the ball land pin high 4) chipping from green side bunker and the ball lands near the pin for me it's numbet 3. I love the feeling to see an iron shot land pin high.
  8. Y

Shaft length for 4 driving iron and 5 ping crossover

I currently game the ping i200 and I intend to set up my irons the following way: 23 loft srixon U45 (standard shaft length 39.25") 26 loft ping crossover (standard length 38.5") ping i200 6 iron (37.5") ping 7-P should I cut the srixon u45 shaft from 39.25" to 38.75" for better consistency? I...
  9. Y

More weight on left leg during address

A friend suggested this during our game as my divots are rarely after the ball and there's hardly any compression for my iron shots. I'm poor with weight shifts and I tend to hit fat shots when I miss. Experimented with his advise and ball contact improved greatly with more penetrative ball...
  10. Y

Beautiful, forgiving, Long, soft.... and affordable

My steel z565 aren't going anywhere but I've been playing with many brands to build a secondary set of irons with graphite to protect my elbow. Here's my latest and so far most satisfying set.
  11. Y

Bye bye md3

MD3 have always worked for me. But I can't resist these babies. Looks aside, there is no contest when it comes to feel.
  12. Y

Super excited

Found a set of these. Great seller who gave me a wonderful deal letting me trade in clubs that I won't be playing. Looking forward to hitting them!
  13. Y

Yenz WITB

14. Y

Fusion vs Epic fairway wood

Looking to bag a 3w and heavenwood and I caught between these 2 models. I currently game the fusion driver and I love the forgiveness. I'm just looking for a forgiving and easy to launch fairway wood. Which of the 2 is more recommended? I don't mind the fusion but it's 3w is non adjustable...
  15. Y

2017 bag building

A couple of months ago I was telling my mates "I'm glad I'm settled on my clubs. It's all in the swing actually." Now I'm contemplating a wholesale change as follows: Fusion driver -> epic Xr16 3w -> epic V series hw -> epic Apex 3&4 hybrid -> ping g 4h Cf16 irons -> Cobra one length Md3...
Back