Took the PXG bait , and here are my way too early thoughts.

Anyone had the lengths taken down?

Looking at specs they seem to be about a half inch long compared to what I've been playing (i25) in comparable lofts (the number on the club is significantly different, so I'm just looking at loft to loft & length to length). I don't want to create a huge gap going into my wedges by using a 42 degree wedge that is longer than my current 41 degree 9i.
If i recall correctly, different models had different lofts and lengths. I was originally going towards the 0211, ended up with 0311xf gen2. I think i had them made 1/2 inch over with lots basically unchanged. I’ll have to find my specs sheet. But that was different than the 0211s where i wild have had them de-lofted.

Anyone had the lengths taken down?

Looking at specs they seem to be about a half inch long compared to what I've been playing (i25) in comparable lofts (the number on the club is significantly different, so I'm just looking at loft to loft & length to length). I don't want to create a huge gap going into my wedges by using a 42 degree wedge that is longer than my current 41 degree 9i.

thought about it, but i played my 565s + 1/2 so they were not too far off.

I was originally going towards the 0211, ended up with 0311xf gen2. I think i had them made 1/2 inch over with lots basically unchanged. I’ll have to find my specs sheet. But that was different than the 0211s where i wild have had them de-lofted.
My debate with myself is either 0211DC or, like you, Gen 2 0311 whether it be XF or P. What made you choose the Gen 2 0311XF over the 0211s?

My debate with myself is either 0211DC or, like you, Gen 2 0311 whether it be XF or P. What made you choose the Gen 2 0311XF over the 0211s?

Geez - just saw that the Gen2 0311's are same price that I have locked for the 0211 be setting my fitting prior to the prior sales end - now I have more in my head than just what shafts if I go w/ any PXG iron at all!

Now a combo of XF & P seems to be in play. I'll just put my trust in the fit process and look to come out with what fits my game the best!

Any comparison on 2021 0211 vs. Gen 2 XF and/or P would be great!

Gen 2 XF are great irons - but can’t help you with 0211s. Hit them both and you’ll know :)

At the time i bought, cost and a few people here and my pxg rep suggested that the 0311xf was more forgiving. At the time i bought, i was having a lot of trouble with my irons. Overall, they have not disappointed. I’m happy with them. I expect to play a smaller head iron as the season progresses, but i can see myself keeping these for early season play or when a friend needs to borrow a set, etc.

From what I understand the P will be the smallest. The XF the largest. The 0211 DC is progressive. Low lofted irons will be more like the size of the XF and the higher lofted irons more like the P iron.

after seeing how the 0211 driver did, i kind of wish i would have added the 3 wood to my order but not going to pay 60.00 shipping for one club.
One club would only be $30. Still not cheap, but hey, it still comes out to be a good deal!

I was lucky to get a fitting scheduled as quick as I did - driving a bit for it but already was going to be in area for a wedding - they are holding the price for me as well for the $89/iron.

What irons/shafts did you play before and did you play them all the way down to the 4i like you are w/ the 0211s? I saw you went with the Elevate Tour in them, did you give the MMT's a try? I've not hit the Elevate Tour, only the Elevate 95 and didn't like the feel of it at all.
I had Srixon 565 with Nippon Modus 105 stiff shafts and yes 4i. I did not try or consider the MMT since fittings in my area were booked solid. I had demoed graphite shafts in other irons and just didn't like something about them. Feel is so subjective, I've always seemed to get along with steel and am happy with the choice I made.

I went for a PXG fitting yesterday. After a few shots with my own 7i (Apex CF19) to establish a baseline, my fitter (great guy!) put me into the MMT 60 "A" flex with the 0211DC. He started at 37" length and then 37 1/2" (their "standard" for that club) and I hit the longer shaft better. We did try a KBS graphite (terrible feel for me), the Gen3 0311XP (not good) and settled on the 0211DC, standard length and lie. However, despite the 2.5° stronger loft (or maybe because of it?) I was only getting just over a 1/2 club longer carry. I was also concerned that the MMT being more of a mid length and mid kick point shaft would not give me the higher launch conditions that I like but that was not the case at all. I think I was expecting more based on the lofts, technology and claimed distance gains. Granted, I was hitting into an approximately 10 mph breeze, had played 18 before my fitting, my first swings at the fitting with my own 7i were among my best, so maybe some fatigue had an impact.

Overall impressions of the 0211 are that it is a really great looking club, the top line thickness at address is really well hidden and looks thin, but the head length is longer and less compact that what I am used to and would normally gravitate to. I did find my less than perfect strikes were acceptable so forgiveness seems to be built into this iron. Now I have to decide if just a 1/2 club extra in carry is worth the price of if perhaps getting more familiar with the clubs and shaft would lead to even better performance over time. Also, being a "progressive" set and only having 7i heads to test, am I going to like the other irons in the set? Thoughts?

Let me just add, that the fitting was done with just "OK" range balls and using Trackman I believe distances were based pretty much on ball speed with him seeing a 3mph increase over the ball speed I was getting with the Apexx. So maybe course performance with "good" balls like the CS or Snell MTB Black might provide better results.

Headed out today, going to focus on just 7 iron, and few things i think are wrong with my swing, i know what these irons can do when struck properly, now key is to do so more often.

Hoping my Gen2 P's are being built. It said to be picked/built on 7/16 but usually in their tracking if that memo goes away they are usually in process. right now the memo is missing. fingers crossed.

Going to book one more fitting with these before I pull the trigger. Really want to try them one more time with the Elevate Tour shaft. Also hung up on whether to go with the T or the P. I’ve accepted the ZX7s are out of my price point for probably the next 12 months

Hoping my Gen2 P's are being built. It said to be picked/built on 7/16 but usually in their tracking if that memo goes away they are usually in process. right now the memo is missing. fingers crossed.
When I went for my fitting last Friday he wouldn't even let me hit Gen 2s. He said they just had odds and ends left. I called PXG directly on Saturday and they basically said they could not / would not sell me a set of Gen 2s as they were being phased out. Yet, on the website you can theoretically find all irons in a given model available.

Since in my fitting all I gained over my Apex 19s was 1/2 club in distance I decided it wasn't worth it. I could probably pick that up just by having my Apex irons bent 2° strong.

When I went for my fitting last Friday he wouldn't even let me hit Gen 2s. He said they just had odds and ends left. I called PXG directly on Saturday and they basically said they could not / would not sell me a set of Gen 2s as they were being phased out. Yet, on the website you can theoretically find all irons in a given model available.

Since in my fitting all I gained over my Apex 19s was 1/2 club in distance I decided it wasn't worth it. I could probably pick that up just by having my Apex irons bent 2° strong.
I bought my gen 2's about 3 months ago - because they were the best price (with the needed options), and because according to Maltby they were MORE forgiving than the gen 3s (which I was considering). With the latest price drop I would imagine they are indeed nearly gone.

I look forward to the day that I can sell these and use the funds for a suitable replacement. As it stands now (I have the XFs), I can see keeping these for early season then moving to a less game improvement iron as the season heats up and I find my swing.

Could be. When I ordered mine from PXG direct on 7/2 they mentioned nothing about them not being available.
Earlier this year I tried to order the Gen 2 SGI which were not available on the site and the phone rep couldn’t sell me those.

I have had fitters in the past tell me older gen ping irons we’re no longer order-able yet they were. Sometimes they just want the higher margin on the new model or don’t know what they are talking about.

Sometimes they just want the higher margin on the new model or don’t know what they are talking about.
When I was on the phone with PXG I even pointed out the the website showed the Gen 2 0311P shoed completely available but it made no difference. No longer interested in their irons though I did order the 0811 Proto X+ driver! :)

Headed out today, going to focus on just 7 iron, and few things i think are wrong with my swing, i know what these irons can do when struck properly, now key is to do so more often.

Well after main road to the Range was closed do to down power lines, my hour on the range was cut to about 35-40 min. Only got a small bucket 45-50 balls, only hit irons, PW, and 8 iron, and right now my swing is just not consistent enough to really tell what i can get from these irons. Hit maybe 8-9 shots i would call solid, and playable, flight was very much mid, and my miss was a lot of fat shots, that seems to me my issue at the moment with these irons.

....my miss was a lot of fat shots.
I hit an awful lot of fat shots with the 0211DC during my fitting. I attributed it to fatigue having played 18 before the fitting. My most solid and best swings were with my own 7i to establish a baseline and my first few with the PXGs.

hit the 0811 and 0211 drivers today along with the 0211 irons...wasn't a huge fan of the sound of the 0811 (not sure which one i hit) but the 0211 was really nice...and long. the 0211 irons are probably the best feeling of the hollow body irons i've tried...they weren't much longer than my 565's but swinging them was effortless. i see a purchase coming soon...

hit the 0811 and 0211 drivers today along with the 0211 irons...wasn't a huge fan of the sound of the 0811 (not sure which one i hit) but the 0211 was really nice...and long. the 0211 irons are probably the best feeling of the hollow body irons i've tried...they weren't much longer than my 565's but swinging them was effortless. i see a purchase coming soon...
Uhoh.

lots of deals to be had. I found, for me the gen 4 0811x was better than the 0211, could be the shaft.

Uhoh.

lots of deals to be had. I found, for me the gen 4 0811x was better than the 0211, could be the shaft.

played the same shaft in both...the 0811 performance was there, just the feel/sound didn't suit me.

I wonder who the Target is now? ‘elite’, or bargain hunter? I think they are planning for subsequent versions, reeling us in. Or moving toward military?

played the same shaft in both...the 0811 performance was there, just the feel/sound didn't suit me.
I’m deaf so the sound is likely very different for me then you! I hear, just not well. Makes the game interesting! What shaft did you demo? I use the diamana that was not an uncharge. It’s great, again, for me.

sound wise, i wonder if the different driver versions all sound different!

Back